60 Hour DC (District of Columbia) Principles Course
Cooke Real Estate School - A Real Estate Pre-Licensing course offered online for District of Columbia. State Approved, Self-Paced, Valuable Learning Tools, and Companion Textbooks are included with all packages. Obtaining a real estate agent license is just a click away.
Arello Approval 3271
DC Real Estate Commission Approval Letter A0453
- Online License Course
- Modern Real Estate Practice Book & Study Guide
- Real Estate Legislation and Regulations
- Candidate Handbook
- Course Support Document
- Interactive Study Group - A weekly online interactive seminar.
- All Items in the Bronze Package Included
- Additional Textbooks:
- Mastering Real Estate Math
- Guide to passing the PSI Real Estate Exam
- Extra Online Course - PSI Exam Prep Online Course
- All Items in the Silver Package Included
- Additional Textbooks:
- The Language of Real Estate
- Up and Running in 30 days
- Modern Real Estate Practice Flash Cards
- All Items in the Gold Package Included
- Additional Textbook:
- Sales and Marketing 101
- Extra Online Course - Sales and Marketing 101
- Refund Policy - There is no refund once the course is purchased.
- Online Course - The student can work through the course at their convenience.
- Not printable - This course is NOT designed to be printed for security purposes and copyright regulations, nor is it downloadable.
- Course Expiration - A student has six (6) months to complete the course. If the student's course expires, the student will be offered three options, (60 days, 120 days, and 180 days which is the maximum) to extend the course if necessary. There is a fee for extensions and will already be calculated. The extension options will be available on the course page the day after expiration.
- Shipping - Companion textbook materials are included with each package. Shipping is FREE.
- Login Information - Upon registration, the student will receive two emails, one is a receipt for purchase, and one has the students user name and password to access their Course Page. The link to the "Student Login" is in red at the top of every page on our website.
- Login - The student can access their Course Page by going to the "Student Login" link which is located in the top corner of the website.
- Sessions - Each session corresponds to the chapters in the textbook. To complete a session and move on to the next, you must finish the required assignments for that session.
- Video Presentation - This is a recorded video of our instructor going over the session with a power point presentation to help provide examples. There is a time requirement for each Sessions video presentation which needs to be watched in real time. Speeding the video up does not reduce the time requirement. To make sure time is recorded, click on the link at the top of the video SAVE AND RETURN.
- Vocabulary Matching - A vocabulary matching exercise, where the student needs to score 100% by matching the key terms with its definition to complete the exercise.
- Session Quizzes - The quiz must be answered with 100 % accuracy. It may be taken as many times as needed in order to achieve the 100%.
- Review Tab - There is a Review Tab at the top the Students Course Page, which allows the student to review all work that they have completed. This makes an ideal study tool.
- Agreement - Once the student successfully completes the summary or final exam, a link to the Agreement becomes available. Every course requires the student to complete the "Agreement" which states the student completed the course on their own.
- Finishing Paperwork- Courses will provide finishing paperwork that will need to be sent into the school via fax or email as the final step of course completion.
- Seat-time Requirement: State law mandates a 60-hour course for pre-licensure. As a result, there is a seat-time requirement of 3,000 minutes (60 hours x 50-minute hours). Each video presentation has a time requirement and the total course has a time requirement. All time spent on the video presentations, quizzes, matching exercise, text links, and any supplemental quizzes, all count towards the MINIMUM time requirement. Students can spend as much time as necessary to learn the material, so this time requirement is NOT a maximum requirement.
- Non-movement of the mouse for more than 20 minutes will disengage the student from the course page.
- Practice Exam - The course has a practice exam if the state requires a final end-of-course exam. The student needs to score a 70% on the practice exam to move forward and complete the course.
- Final Step Before End-of-Course Exam - The student must have completed, besides the online portion of the course, the minimum time requirement of 3,000 minutes. At the point the student has to agree to the Agreement to get access to the final exam.
- Final End-of-Course Exam - The final is a 100 question multiple choice exam with a score of 75% needed to pass. If the student fails the exam, they will get access to a second exam.
License Application Process
Education is good for Forever from the completion date of the pre-licensing course.The Licensing Process:
- Please view the "PSI Candidate Handbook " thoroughly.
- To apply for a real estate license one needs to be 18 years of age or older.
- The student needs to take a 60 Hour Pre-license course in which our 60 hour pre-license on-line satisfy the requirement.
- The last step on the course process is to pass the 100 question multiple choice end-of-course exam with 75% or more.
- If the student fails the course, the student must take a second exam. Students failing the end-of-course exam a second time will be required to pay for and complete the entire course again.
- Upon successfully passing course the student must then apply to take the PSI District of Columbia State Exam. Please view page 1 of the "PSI Candidate Handbook"
- It is IMPORTANT to note that once on passes the State Exam the student MUST make application for licensure within six month of the examination date
- The "PSI Candidate Handbook " also has important information on how to schedule an exam, requirements on the day of the exam and an outline of the topics and the number of questions on the exam from each topic.
- It is important that students read the pamphlet Real Estate Legislation and Regulations that is part of the package of materials mailed to each student.
Course OutlineOutline for 60 Hour D.C. Real Estate Principles Course
National Real Estate Principles
Session - Subject
Session 1 - Introduction to the Real Estate Business
Session 2 - Real Property & the Law
Session 3 - Interests in Real Estate
Session 4 - Forms of Real Estate Ownership
Session 5 - Land Description
Session 6 - Transfer of Title
Session 7 - Title Records
Session 8 - Real Estate Brokerage
Session 9 - Real Estate Agency
Session 10 - Client Representation Agreements
Session 11 - Real Estate Contracts
Session 12 - Real Estate Financing
Session 13 - Government Involvement in Financing
Session 14 - Closing the Real Estate Transaction
Session 15 - Real Estate Taxes and Other Liens
Session 16 - Real Estate Appraisal
Session 17 - Leases
Session 18 - Fair Housing
Session 19 - Property Management
Session 20 - Land-Use Controls and Property Development
Session 21 - Environmental Issues & the Real Estate Transaction
Session 22 - Modern Real Estate Math
District of Columbia Course Specific
Session 1 – Licensure
Session 2 – Commission
Session 3 – Brokerage Relationship
Session 4 – Contract & Disclosure Obligations
Session 5 – Brokerage Activities
Session 6 – District of Columbia Related Licensee Laws and Prohibited Acts
Required Final Exam
After you enroll, a licensed real estate instructor will be available for questions Monday through Friday between 8:30 A. M. and 5:00 P. M. EST. We encourage students to e-mail the instructor with questions regarding the On-line course at Info@CookeSchool.com. With an e-mail to the instructor, the student will have a written document of the response. For questions by e-mail, there is a 24-Hour response time Monday through Friday. E-mails over Saturday, Sunday or a legal holiday will be returned the first business day.
Technical & On-line Course Overview:Technical Issues: Please view the following items:
- To experience the best results from a technical perspective on the course, please view the following RECOMMENDED SOFTWARE.
- We recommend using Mozilla Firefox as your Web Browser: Download for PC and Mac
- At this time we DO NOT recommend using the Microsoft Edge web browser.
- Call TOLL FREE (800)943-9993 Monday through Friday 8:30 A. M. to 5:00 P.M. EST.
- E-mail at Info@CookeSchool.com.
- Chat at the top of every webpage and Student Page.
Frequently asked Questions
- If I forget my real estate course password, where can I find it?
Please call the school at 1-800-943-9993 Monday - Friday between 8am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- My video won't play.
Check Internet connection, change browser to Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, some computers need to download Microsoft Silverlight. Or you may call the Cooke Real Estate School at 1-800-943-9993 Monday - Friday between 8am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time.
- My score isn't showing up in the grade section.
Refresh your browser, sometimes there is a very short delay.
- Can I use my tablet?
Tablets and Kindall's are not recommended because of connectivity issues and stability, especially for timed-end-of-course exams.
- Does the real estate license course work on all the platforms?
- Once I log into my course page, do I have to login each time using my user name and password?
- I watched the video course presentation but i still can't move forward, what do I do?
Be sure to click on the 'SAVE AND RETURN' button, or simply refresh your page.
- If I have a question regarding a quiz question(s), how can I get help?
There are three different aspects of communication with the school: phone, email or live chat. The school makes a big effort to respond within 24 hours if by email. On weekends and holidays, we also try to respond within 24 hours, sometimes it may be the next business day.
- Once I register how quickly can I start?
Upon registration there are two emails sent to the student. One is a receipt and the other contains your user name and password. Students can then access their Course Page right away and start the course.
- All courses come with a real estate course textbook(s), should I wait until I have the book to start?
Having a textbook is a VERY important part of the course, but you can certainly start without it. The school recommends waiting until you receive the companion textbook.
- Is the course evaluation necessary for me to complete the course?
Yes, the evaluation needs to be completed. The evaluation is mandated by ARELLO which is required by the state regulatory agencies. Any comment that you would like to make that we can post on our Testimonial page is very much appreciated.
- Is a Student Affidavit required to be completed to obtain a certificate of completion?
Yes, mandated by regulatory agencies.
- What happens if I have technical issues?
If you are having a technical issue, please call during regular business hours or email Cooke Real Estate School so we can determine what the issue is. If we can't solve it over the phone, we recommend allowing your tech staff to access your computer device, so we can actually see the same thing you are seeing. Students that are taking the course with an iPad or iPhone, our technicians will not be able to access those devices.