60 Hour Mississippi Real Estate Principles Course
Cooke Real Estate School - A Real Estate Pre-Licensing course offered online for Mississippi. State Approved, Self-Paced, Valuable Learning Tools, and Companion Textbooks are included with all packages. Obtaining a real estate agent license is just a click away.
Arello Approval 3271
Course Approval Pre-012
- Online License Course
- Modern Real Estate Practice Book & Study Guide
- Mississippi Real Estate Commission Rules and Regulations
- Candidate Handbook
- Course Support Document
- Interactive Study Group - A weekly online interactive seminar.
- All Items in the Bronze Package Included
- Additional Textbooks:
- Guide to passing the PSI Real Estate Exam
- Mastering Real Estate Math
- Extra Online Course - PSI Exam Prep Online Course
- All Items in the Silver Package Included
- Additional Textbooks:
- The Language of Real Estate
- Up and Running in 30 days
- Modern Real Estate Practice Flash Cards
- All Items in the Gold Package Included
- Additional Textbook:
- Sales and Marketing 101
- Extra Online Course - Sales and Marketing 101
Purchase InformationInformation needed to know before Purchasing the course:
- There is no refund once the course is purchased.
- This course is completely online. The course is not downloadable. The student can work through the course at their convenience.
- This course is NOT designed to be printed for security purposes and copyright regulations.
- Course Expiration - A student has six (6) months to complete the program. If the student’s course expires, the student will be offered three options to extend the course if necessary, up to a maximum of six months from the date of the course expiration. The date of expiration is at the top of the Course Page. For example if the registration date is January 1, 2021 the date of expiration is June 30, 2021 at Midnight (Eastern Standard Time). If the course is not completed within the six (6) month time period, extension options are available for a fee.
- Shipping - Shipping is FREE. The textbook(s) that are in the package the student selected will be mailed by U.S. Priority Mail. The postmaster advertises 2 to 3 day delivery. The companion textbook to the course is included in all packages, Bronze, Silver and Gold.
- Security Questions - When the student registers for the course, the student is asked some personal questions. Twice during the course the student must answer two of the security questions asked upon registration. The question must be answered correctly before being able to continue with the course.
- Login Information - Upon registration the student will receive two emails, one is a receipt for purchase and one has the students user name and password to access their Course Page. The link to the "Student Login" is at the top of every webpage.
Course InformationInformation for Taking the course:
- Login - The student can access their Course Page by going to the "Student Login" link which is located in the top corner of the website.
- Sessions/ Chapters - The course is broken down into Sessions/Chapters. Each session corresponds to the chapters in the text book. To complete a session and move on to the next, you must finish the required assignments for that session. These assignments consist of watching the video presentation for the required amount of time, completing vocabulary matching exercises and passing the session quizzes.
- Video Presentation - This is a recorded video of our instructor going over the session with a power point presentation to help provide examples. There is a time requirement for each Sessions video presentation which needs to be watched in real time. Speeding the video up does not reduce the time requirement. To make sure time is recorded, click on the link at the top of the video SAVE AND RETURN.
- Vocabulary Matching - Each session has a vocabulary matching exercise where the student needs to score 100% (all words and definitions to be matched correctly) to complete the exercise.
- Session Quizzes
- As the student works through the course, there is an assessment quiz after every video presentation. The quiz must be answered with 80% accuracy before that session can be marked complete.
- Quizzes have a 3 to 1 ratio of questions, which means that if a student does not score 80% on any quiz, the student receives a second set of questions and if the student fails again to reach 80% on the second set of questions, the third set is issued. If the student fails the third set of questions, the first set is issued again. Students are encouraged to work through all the questions in the bank even though its not required. The time spent will be counted toward the total time required. (See seat-time below.)
- Agreement - Once the student successfully completes the summary or practice exam a link to the Agreement becomes available. Every course requires the student to complete the "Agreement," which states the student completed the course on their own.
- Seat-time Requirement: State law mandates a 60 hour course for pre-licensure. As a result, there is a seat-time requirement of 3,000 minutes (60 hours x 50 minute hours). Each video presentation has a time requirement and the total course has a time requirement. All time spent on the video presentations, quizzes, matching exercise, text links, and any supplemental quizzes, all count towards the MINIMUM time requirement. Students can spend as much time as necessary to learn the material, so this time requirement is NOT a maximum requirement.
- Non-movement of the mouse for more than 20 minutes will disengage the student from the course page.
- Summary Exam - The course has a Summary Exam (if the state does not require a final exam). The student needs to score a 70% on the summary exam to move forward and complete the course. The summary exam has a 3 to 1 ratio of questions and as explained previously all students are encouraged to work through all questions in the bank and time spent will count towards the minimum time requirement.
License Application Process
Mississippi real estate salesperson applicants must be a resident of Mississippi when the application is submitted and be eighteen years of age or older.
Here is a link to the Application for Residential Salesperson License which is which needs to be reviewed thoroughly because there are some requirements one needs to be aware of. The application process will include the following:
- Completion Certificate of the 60 Hour Pre-License Mississippi Real Estate Principles Course
- Names and Addresses of three business people who have known you for the last five years
- Social Security Number
- A signature by a responsible broker regarding an applicant's qualifications, integrity and character
- Two photos, full face and profile views
- Signature notarized
- Application fee of $120
- Upon the submitting the application, the Mississippi Real Estate Commission will send the applicant a fingerprinting card which the applicant must get process by a local police department or the MREC office will process fingerprints in the office Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00 am and 11:00 am and 1:00 pm and 3 pm.
Once all the above has been submitted to the Mississippi Real Estate Commission and reviewed and approved, the applicant will receive a letter of approval from the Commission to take the State Exam. The student must then register with PSI to take the state exam. Most students register by going to www.PSIexams.com but students can also do it my mail by completing the Mississippi Real Estate Licensing Form which is on the back page of the PSI Mississippi CandidateHandbook.
Included in the letter of approval package that the student receives from the Commission will be fingerprint card in which the student needs to take to a law enforcement department to have their fingerprints taken and processed. When the student passes the state exam, the Commission will only issue the real estate license AFTER receiving a satisfactory report regarding the fingerprint report.
Please view the Mississippi Candidate Handbook thoroughly, for it will help.
The exam fee charged by PSI for the Salesperson exam, both the General portion and the State Specific portion is $75.
Course OutlineNational Real Estate Principles
Session - Subject
Session 1 - Introduction to the Real Estate Business
Session 2 - Real Property & the Law
Session 3 - Interests in Real Estate
Session 4 - Forms of Real Estate Ownership
Session 5 - Land Description
Session 6 - Transfer of Title
Session 7 - Title Records
Session 8 - Real Estate Brokerage
Session 9 - Real Estate Agency
Session 10 - Client Representation Agreements
Session 11 - Real Estate Contracts
Session 12 - Real Estate Financing
Session 13 - Government Involvement in Financing
Session 14 - Closing the Real Estate Transaction
Session 15 - Real Estate Taxes and Other Liens
Session 16 - Real Estate Appraisal
Session 17 - Leases
Session 18 - Fair Housing
Session 19 - Property Management
Session 20 - Land-Use Controls and Property Development
Session 21 - Environmental Issues & the Real Estate Transaction
Session 22 - Modern Real Estate Math
Mississippi State Specific Sessions
- Session 25 Qualification for Licensure
- Session 26 Services of Real Estate
- Session 27 License Law and Administration
- Session 28 Brokerage Relationship and Ethics
- Session 29 Brokerage Operations
- Session 30 Brokerage Engagements, Contracts, and Advertising
- Session 31 Ownership Interests and Legal Descriptions
- Session 31 Property Management
After you enroll, a licensed real estate instructor will be available for questions Monday through Friday between 8:30 A. M. and 5:00 P. M. EST. We encourage students to e-mail the instructor with questions regarding the On-Line course at Info@CookeSchool.com. With an e-mail to the instructor, the student will have a written document of the response. For questions by e-mail, there is a 24 Hour response time Monday through Friday. E-mails over Saturday, Sunday or a legal holiday will be returned the first business day. Also on each student page is a "Live Chat" link. When the live chat link shows "online" the student can ask the operator any questions they have. Cooke encourages communication with the school.
Technical & On-line Course Questions:
- If I forget my real estate course password, where can I find it?
Please call the school at 1-800-943-9993 Monday - Friday between 8am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time, or send an email to email@example.com.
- My video won't play.
Check Internet connection, change browser to Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, some computers need to download Microsoft Silverlight. Or you may call the Cooke Real Estate School at 1-800-943-9993 Monday - Friday between 8am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time.
- My score isn't showing up in the grade section.
Refresh your browser, sometimes there is a very short delay.
- Can I use my tablet?
Tablets and Kindall's are not recommended because of connectivity issues and stability, especially for timed-end-of-course exams.
- Does the real estate license course work on all the platforms?
- Once I log into my course page, do I have to login each time using my user name and password?
- I watched the video course presentation but i still can't move forward, what do I do?
Be sure to click on the 'SAVE AND RETURN' button, or simply refresh your page.
- If I have a question regarding a quiz question(s), how can I get help?
There are three different aspects of communication with the school: phone, email or live chat. The school makes a big effort to respond within 24 hours if by email. On weekends and holidays, we also try to respond within 24 hours, sometimes it may be the next business day.
- Once I register how quickly can I start?
Upon registration there are two emails sent to the student. One is a receipt and the other contains your user name and password. Students can then access their Course Page right away and start the course.
- All courses come with a real estate course textbook(s), should I wait until I have the book to start?
Having a textbook is a VERY important part of the course, but you can certainly start without it. The school recommends waiting until you receive the companion textbook.
- Is the course evaluation necessary for me to complete the course?
Yes, the evaluation needs to be completed. The evaluation is mandated by ARELLO which is required by the state regulatory agencies. Any comment that you would like to make that we can post on our Testimonial page is very much appreciated.
- Is a Student Affidavit required to be completed to obtain a certificate of completion?
Yes, mandated by regulatory agencies.
- What happens if I have technical issues?
If you are having a technical issue, please call Cooke Real Estate School so we can determine what the issue is. If we can't solve it over the phone, we recommend allowing your tech staff to access your computer device, so we can actually see the same thing you are seeing. Students that are taking the course with an iPad or iPhone, our technicians will not be able to access those devices.