66 Hour Nebraska Real Estate License Course
Cooke Real Estate Schools Nebraska pre-licensing course is online, and on-demand. All Nebraska state approved, self-paced, with valuable learning tools, and companion textbooks and pamphlets included with all packages.
This course also includes the new Professional Conduct and Ethics Practice course, now required by the Nebraska Real Estate Commission for sales associate licensure. These are newly added required hours for licensure, to the current 60-hours after July 1, 2020, requiring a total of 66-hours for licensure. Obtaining the Nebraska real estate agents license is just a click away.
Nebraska Department of Approval: C107
NE Sales - Arello Approval: 3271
Developing Professional Conduct & Ethic Practices: 003
Conduct & Ethic - Arello Approval: 8463
- Nebraska Online License Course
- 6 Hour NE Conduct & Ethics
- Modern Real Estate Practice Book & Study Guide
- Candidate Handbook
- Nebraska Real Estate License Act & Rules and Regulations
- Course Support Document
- Developing Professional Conduct and Ethical Practices
- Interactive Study Group - A weekly online interactive seminar.
- All Items in the Bronze Package Included
- Additional Textbooks:
- Up and Running in 30 days
- Guide to passing the PSI Real Estate Exam
- Extra Online Course - PSI Exam Prep Online Course
- All Items in the Silver Package Included
- Additional Textbooks:
- The Language of Real Estate
- Mastering Real Estate Math
- Modern Real Estate Practice Flash Cards
- All Items in the Gold Package Included
- Additional Textbook:
- Sales and Marketing 101
- Extra Online Course - Sales and Marketing 101
Purchase InformationInformation needed to know before Purchasing the course:
- This course is completely online. The course is not downloadable. The student can work through the course at their convenience.
- This course is NOT designed to be printed for security purposes and copyright regulations.
- Course Expiration - A student has six (6) months to complete the program. If the student’s course expires, the student will be offered three options to extend the course if necessary, up to a maximum of six months from the date of the course expiration. The date of expiration is at the top of the Course Page. For example if the registration date is January 1, 2021 the date of expiration is June 30, 2021 at Midnight (Eastern Standard Time). If the course is not completed within the six (6) month time period, extension options are available for a fee.
- Shipping - Shipping is FREE. The textbook(s) that are in the package the student selected will be mailed by U.S. Priority Mail. The postmaster advertises 2 to 3 day delivery. The companion textbook to the course is included in all packages, Bronze, Silver and Gold.
- Login Information - Upon registration the student will receive two emails, one is a receipt for purchase and one has the students user name and password to access their Course Page. The link to the "Student Login" is at the top of every webpage.
Course InformationInformation for Taking the course:
- Login - The student can access their Course Page by going to the "Student Login" link which is located in the top corner of the website.
- Sessions/ Chapters - The course is broken down into Sessions/Chapters. Each session corresponds to the chapters in the text book. To complete a session and move on to the next, you must finish the required assignments for that session. These assignments consist of watching the video presentation for the required amount of time, completing vocabulary matching exercises and passing the session quizzes.
- Video Presentation - This is a recorded video of our instructor going over the session with a power point presentation to help provide examples. There is a time requirement for each Sessions video presentation which needs to be watched in real time. Speeding the video up does not reduce the time requirement. To make sure time is recorded, click on the link at the top of the video SAVE AND RETURN.
- Vocabulary Matching - Each session has a vocabulary matching exercise where the student needs to score 100% (all words and definitions to be matched correctly) to complete the exercise.
- Session Quizzes
- As the student works through the course, there is an assessment quiz after every video presentation. The quiz must be answered with 80% accuracy before that session can be marked complete.
- Quizzes have a 3 to 1 ratio of questions, which means that if a student does not score 80% on any quiz, the student receives a second set of questions and if the student fails again to reach 80% on the second set of questions, the third set is issued. If the student fails the third set of questions, the first set is issued again. Students are encouraged to work through all the questions in the bank even though its not required. The time spent will be counted toward the total time required. (See seat-time below.)
- Agreement - Once the student successfully completes the summary or practice exam a link to the Agreement becomes available. Every course requires the student to complete the "Agreement," which states the student completed the course on their own.
- Final Steps for Completions - The final steps for completing the course is to make sure the time-requirement has been met. At that point, the student gets access to the final end-of-course exam. Once the student successfully completes the end-of-course exam with a score of 70% a link to the Course Evaluation and the Affidavit become available. Upon completing the Course Evaluation and Affidavit a Certificate of Completion becomes available to the student.
- Certificate of Completion - The Nebraska Real Estate Commission wants the school to remind the student to retain the copy, as it is the students only record of taking the course.
- Seat-time Requirement: State law mandates a 60 hour course for pre-licensure. As a result, there is a seat-time requirement of 3,000 minutes (60 hours x 50 minute hours). Each video presentation has a time requirement and the total course has a time requirement. All time spent on the video presentations, quizzes, matching exercise, text links, and any supplemental quizzes, all count towards the MINIMUM time requirement. Students can spend as much time as necessary to learn the material, so this time requirement is NOT a maximum requirement.
- Non-movement of the mouse for more than 20 minutes will disengage the student from the course page.
- Practice Exam - The course has two Practice Exams. One covering Real Estate Principles and the second for the State Specific portion. The student needs to score a 70% on the practice exams to move forward and complete the course. The practice exams have a 3 to 1 ratio of questions and as explained previously all students are encouraged to work through all questions in the bank and time spent will count towards the minimum time requirement.
- Final Exam - The course has a Final Exam that consists of 100 questions. The student needs to score a 70% on the final exam to complete the course.
License Application Process
The Nebraska Real Estate Commission has a new requirement for licensure. They have added a 6-hour course to the required current license course. If a student has not passed the PSI State Exam by July 1, the applicant is going to be required to complete a 6-Hour "Professional Ethics and Conduct Practice Course".
Nebraska Salesperson's Licenses - With this type of license, the licensee is permitted to engage in all phases of the real estate business, if employed by and under the direct supervision of a licensed broker at all times.Application Procedures
Applicants must be at least 19 years of age to be issued a Nebraska real estate license. Completed applications, fees, and all required documentation must be submitted to the Commission. The staff of the Real Estate Commission will process the application materials, prequalify applicants, and notify applicants of approval to sit for the examination. If you choose to utilize the electronic application you must follow the instructions specific to that option located at https://www.nebraska.gov/NREC/real/.
Prior to proceeding with the electronic filing of an application, it is strongly recommended that you carefully review the Checklist Help Guide and the Screen Guide Menu. Print a copy of these documents to assist you throughout the process. APPLICATION DEADLINES REMAIN THE SAME FOR ANY METHOD UTILIZED.
The Nebraska Real Estate License Act requires all applicants for original licensure as a real estate salesperson to undergo a criminal background check utilizing fingerprints. This includes both resident and nonresident applicants.
The license application must be completed, signed and on file at the Commission office before the fingerprint cards, used to complete the background report, will be released to the applicant. We recommend submitting this application form and payment immediately so that we can send you the necessary cards and you can proceed through the fingerprinting process most expediently.
Upon receipt of the cards, pursue the fingerprint process early. Your application will not be considered complete until all required materials are supplied to the Commission including the criminal background report. It is currently taking four to six weeks, on average, after submitting the fingerprints for the report to be received by the Commission. Please follow the recommended procedures attached to the fingerprint cards to submit both completed cards to the Nebraska State Patrol. Failure to follow the procedures attached to the fingerprint cards could cause delay in processing.Educational Background
Nebraska statutes require all applicants to be high school graduates or hold a certificate of equivalency. If an applicant has received a GED (General Equivalency Diploma) a copy of the diploma must be enclosed with the application.Pre-License Education
Each applicant for a salesperson's license who wishes to take the examination must furnish evidence that applicant has completed 60 hours of Commission-approved course(s) in real estate subjects composed of not less than two thirty class hours of study each or one full 60 hours of course work as offered by Cooke Real Estate school, which is approved by the Nebraska Real Estate Commission.
All education requirements must be completed, and proof of such completion must be submitted to the Commission with the application. No license will be issued until official proof of completion of the education requirement is received in the Real Estate Commission Office. This proof can be in the form of transcripts or certificates of completion.Identification Photograph
Each application for a salesperson's original license must include a photograph which meets the following criteria: a passport-type, head-and-shoulders photo of the applicant only, at least 2" x 2" in size, which was taken within the last year. Snapshots are acceptable if they meet these criteria.Fees
Applicants for the initial salesperson's examination must include an application fee and an examination fee with a completed application form. Each time an applicant wishes to re-take the Nebraska State Examination, the applicant must submit an examination fee with a completed re-take application form. Fees are non-refundable. Any payment returned by an applicant's financial institution will be subject to a $30.00 processing fee. Visa and/or MasterCard will be accepted; Debit Cards will NOT be accepted.
The information supplied on the application is only considered valid for one year from the date the application was received in the Real Estate Commission Office. Therefore, after having an application on file for more than one year, an applicant must complete another application in full, and pay another application fee. The examination fee is valid until an examination is taken, or until the examination fee is forfeited because the applicant canceled an examination appointment, arrived more than 15 minutes late for an examination appointment, or failed to appear for an examination appointment. If the application has been on file for longer than one year, or if the applicant is unsure of the amount of time that it has been on file, please contact the Real Estate Commission Office to find out the exact items needed.Scheduling an Examination Appointment
After an applicant has submitted a completed application to sit for the examination and received notification of his/her eligibility from the Nebraska Real Estate Commission, the applicant may schedule an appointment to take the salesperson's or broker's examination by calling the AMP examination company. Appointments will only be scheduled for applicants who have been approved by the Commission, and whose names have been referred to the examination company by the Commission staff.
When an applicant calls to schedule an appointment, the applicant should be prepared to confirm a date and location for testing, and provide their Social Security Number. Applicants are required to provide Social Security Numbers for unique identification. Applicants should make a note of the appointment time and location, because no further notification will be given. Applicants arriving more than 15 minutes late for an examination appointment and those failing to appear for an appointment will forfeit the appointment and the examination fee.
At the examination site, applicants will be required to show two pieces of identification, including one of the following: an unexpired driver's license with photograph; an unexpired passport or military identification with photograph; or an unexpired official state identification card with photograph. The second form of identification must display the applicant's name and signature for signature verification. Temporary identification of any sort is not acceptable.Study Materials
It is suggested that the applicant study the Real Estate License Manual, and other examination reading materials. The Real Estate Commission supplies a copy of the Real Estate License Act, including the Rules and Regulations adopted by the Commission; pertinent sections of the Title Eight-Fair Housing Act (Federal); pertinent sections of the Nebraska Fair Housing Act of 1969 and a comprehensive bulletin of information. Preparation should also be made covering definitions of real estate terms, listing and purchase offer contracts; deeds, closing or final settlements; legal descriptions; business arithmetic problems; and have a clear understanding of the obligations that exist between the principal and agent.Failing the Examination
All applicants will be issued an official score report immediately following the examination. If an applicant has not received a passing score, the applicant may obtain a re-take application at the examination site, or from the Commission office. Each time an applicant wishes to re-take the examination, the applicant must submit an examination fee with a completed re-take application form to the Commission office.
Salesperson Examination Candidates Please Note: Those taking the salesperson examination who pass either the national or the state-specific section of the examination but fail the other section will be allowed to retain credit for the section of the examination they pass. The applicant will retain said credit through three subsequent administrations of the examination or six months, whichever comes first. Should the candidate fail to pass the additional section of the examination within this framework, he/she will be required to retake both portions of the examination again and the retention schedule will begin again from that point forward, and so on. Candidates are advised to take care with their original passing score report as they will be required to submit it to the Commission as part of their license application. Because the staffing needs and site commitment remain the same, the full examination fee will be required whether two parts of the examination are being taken or one.
Each time an applicant wishes to re-take the examination, s/he must submit an examination fee with a completed re-take application form to the Commission office.Passing the Examination
All applicants will be issued an official score report immediately following the examination. Applicants who pass the examination are required to submit their original score report to the Commission, with the picture intact, in order to obtain a license. Photocopies will not be accepted. Applicants must complete the licensing process within thirty (30) days of being notified that a passing grade has been received. Applicants will also need to indicate, in writing, whether the license should be issued on active or inactive status, provide the required documentation on how they will be employed or doing business, and pay the appropriate licensing fee. The licensing fee pays for a license which will be valid for the balance of the calendar year. All licenses must be renewed for every calendar year, whether on active or inactive status.Errors and Omissions Insurance
Applications for issuance of an original or renewal license on active status will not be approved until the Real Estate Commission Office has received proof that the applicant obtained Errors & Omissions (E & O) insurance coverage.
An E & O insurance policy is available to all licensees under a group plan offered through the Commissions Program Administrator. E & O insurance may also be acquired from any qualified carrier, as long as the coverage is equivalent to that made available through the Real Estate Commission.
NOTE: Applicants should wait until they have received their licensing examination pass notice before acquiring errors & omissions insurance.Obtaining the License
Applicants who pass the examination will be able to proceed with license issuance in a timely manner. Instruction on how to proceed with this process will be available from the Commission Office and from the Examination Center.
Administrative procedures in the Commission Office require that an applicant must complete the licensing process within thirty (30) days of being notified that a passing grade has been received. Please Note: When you pass the exam, you will be required to send to the Commission the original score report that you receive at the examination site, before we can license you.
The licensing fee will entitle the applicant to a license which will be valid for the balance of the calendar year. All licenses must be renewed for every calendar year. No license will be issued until official proof of completion of the education requirements is received in the Real Estate Commission Office (see explanation in the Application Procedures section above).Nebraska Refund Policy - 005.02F
Course OutlineOutline for 66 Hour Nebraska Real Estate Principles Course
National Real Estate Principles
Session - Subject
Session 1 - Introduction to the Real Estate Business
Session 2 - Real Property & the Law
Session 3 - Interests in Real Estate
Session 4 - Forms of Real Estate Ownership
Session 5 - Land Description
Session 6 - Transfer of Title
Session 7 - Title Records
Session 8 - Real Estate Brokerage
Session 9 - Real Estate Agency
Session 10 - Client Representation Agreements
Session 11 - Real Estate Contracts
Session 12 - Real Estate Financing
Session 13 - Government Involvement in Financing
Session 14 - Closing the Real Estate Transaction
Session 15 - Real Estate Taxes and Other Liens
Session 16 - Real Estate Appraisal
Session 17 - Leases
Session 18 - Fair Housing
Session 19 - Property Management
Session 20 - Land-Use Controls and Property Development
Session 21 - Environmental Issues & the Real Estate Transaction
Session 22 - Modern Real Estate Math
Modern Practice Exam
Nebraska State Specific
Session 1 – Nebraska Real Estate Commission
Session 2 – Regulation of Profession
Session 3 – Licensure
Session 4 – Brokerage Relationships
Session 5 – Brokerage Operations
Session 6 – State and Federal Laws Pertaining to Real Property
State Specific Practice Exam
Conduct & Ethics Course
Session 1: Ethics and Professionalism
Session 2: Agency and Fiduciary Duties
Session 3: Agency Ethics and Professionalism
Session 4: Ethical Dilemma
Session 5: Decision Making & Fair Housing
Session 6: Fair Housing
Session 7: Professionalism in Real Estate
After you enroll, a licensed real estate instructor will be available for questions Monday through Friday between 8:30 A. M. and 5:00 P. M. EST. We encourage students to e-mail the instructor with questions regarding the On-Line course at Info@CookeSchool.com. With an e-mail to the instructor, the student will have a written document of the response. For questions by e-mail, there is a 24 Hour response time Monday through Friday. E-mails over Saturday, Sunday or a legal holiday will be returned the first business day. Also on each student page is a "Live Chat" link. When the live chat link shows "online" the student can ask the operator any questions they have. Cooke encourages communication with the school.
- 005.02F Evidence of a Refund Policy. The application shall be accompanied by evidence that the school has and adheres to a reasonable refund policy of unearned tuition and fees paid in advance by an enrollee who fails to enter, or withdraws, or is discontinued therefrom prior to completion of the study. Refunds of unearned tuition, fees, and other charges shall be made in the following manner within sixty (60) days of termination:
- 005.02F1 If cancellation occurs within seventy-two (72) hours of enrollment, all monies paid shall be refunded.
- 005.02F2 If cancellation occurs after seventy-two (72) hours of enrollment, but before classes at the resident school begin or home study materials are delivered, a refund shall be made of all tuition paid except a registration fee not to exceed one hundred fifty ($150.00).
- 005.02F3 If cancellation occurs after classes at the resident school have begun or after home study materials have been delivered, the school shall adhere strictly to the refund policy published in the school's catalog or in the enrollment agreement. Once books and supplies have been issued, they become the property of students and any refunds on them shall be at the discretion of the school.
- 005.02F4 A full refund is due students whose contracted educational services are denied as a result of intentional deception, or misrepresentation of facts, or the use of advertising which is known to be false, inaccurate, or misleading.
- 005.02F5 A full refund is due an individual whose admission is denied by the school.
- 005.02F6 The school shall make all refunds due within sixty (60) days following a students official drop date, or in the case of a student who does not return to school at the expiration of an approved leave of absence, within sixty (60) days following the last day of that leave of absence.
- 005.02F6a The school shall maintain accurate records of attendance to assist in establishing the last day of attendance of any student enrolled at the school.
Technical & On-line Course Questions:
- If I forget my real estate course password, where can I find it?
Please call the school at 1-800-943-9993 Monday - Friday between 8am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time, or send an email to email@example.com.
- My video won't play.
Check Internet connection, change browser to Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, some computers need to download Microsoft Silverlight. Or you may call the Cooke Real Estate School at 1-800-943-9993 Monday - Friday between 8am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time.
- My score isn't showing up in the grade section.
Refresh your browser, sometimes there is a very short delay.
- Can I use my tablet?
Tablets and Kindall's are not recommended because of connectivity issues and stability, especially for timed-end-of-course exams.
- Does the real estate license course work on all the platforms?
- Once I log into my course page, do I have to login each time using my user name and password?
- I watched the video course presentation but i still can't move forward, what do I do?
Be sure to click on the 'SAVE AND RETURN' button, or simply refresh your page.
- If I have a question regarding a quiz question(s), how can I get help?
There are three different aspects of communication with the school: phone, email or live chat. The school makes a big effort to respond within 24 hours if by email. On weekends and holidays, we also try to respond within 24 hours, sometimes it may be the next business day.
- Once I register how quickly can I start?
Upon registration there are two emails sent to the student. One is a receipt and the other contains your user name and password. Students can then access their Course Page right away and start the course.
- All courses come with a real estate course textbook(s), should I wait until I have the book to start?
Having a textbook is a VERY important part of the course, but you can certainly start without it. The school recommends waiting until you receive the companion textbook.
- Is the course evaluation necessary for me to complete the course?
Yes, the evaluation needs to be completed. The evaluation is mandated by ARELLO which is required by the state regulatory agencies. Any comment that you would like to make that we can post on our Testimonial page is very much appreciated.
- Is a Student Affidavit required to be completed to obtain a certificate of completion?
Yes, mandated by regulatory agencies.
- What happens if I have technical issues?
If you are having a technical issue, please call Cooke Real Estate School so we can determine what the issue is. If we can't solve it over the phone, we recommend allowing your tech staff to access your computer device, so we can actually see the same thing you are seeing. Students that are taking the course with an iPad or iPhone, our technicians will not be able to access those devices.