60 Hour Alabama Principles Streaming Course
Cooke Real Estate School - A Real Estate Pre-Licensing course offered online for Alabama. State Approved, Self-Paced, Valuable Learning Tools, and Companion Textbooks are included with all packages. Obtaining a real estate agent license is just a click away.
Alabama Course Number 196
AREC Approval 000083918-0
- Online License Course
- Modern Real Estate Practice Book & Study Guide
- Candidate Handbook
- Alabama Real Estate License Laws & Rules
- Interactive Study Group - A weekly online interactive seminar.
- All Items in the Bronze Package Included
- Additional Textbooks:
- Mastering Real Estate Math
- Guide to passing the PSI Real Estate Exam
- Extra Online Course - PSI Exam Prep Online Course
- All Items in the Silver Package Included
- Additional Textbooks:
- The Language of Real Estate
- Up and Running in 30 days
- Modern Real Estate Practice Flash Cards
- All Items in the Gold Package Included
- Additional Textbook:
- Sales and Marketing 101
- Extra Online Course - Sales and Marketing 101
Purchase InformationInformation the student needs to know before taking this course.
- Both Courses are online and Exam Focused - Once the student's user name and password to the instructionally designed online course has been established there is no refund policy.
- Course Expiration - A student has one year to complete the program.
- Shipping - The textbook(s) that are in the package the student selected will be mailed by U.S. Priority Mail. The postmaster advertises 2 to 3-day delivery. The companion textbook(s) to the course are included in all packages, Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum. Shipping is FREE
- Security Questions - When the student registers for the course, the student is required to submit a picture of themselves to the school. This is as requirement by the Virginia Realty Board.
- Login Information - Upon registration the student will receive their login user name and password from Cooke School within 24 to 48 hours. Each webpage has a STUDENT LOGIN link. Once on the page go to the RECampus link to login.
Course InformationCourse Features
- Learning Objectives: Each unit begins with a list of the unit learning objectives that will help you anticipatethe unit content.
- Practice Activities and Quick Quizzes: Each lesson begins with one learning ovjective from the unit. The practice activites and quick quizzes allow you to assess your knowledge of the lesson content.
- Key Terms: Key terms appear at the beginning of each unit. This feature not only alerts you on the important vocabulary words that should be noted as the text is read but also helps you to study and review.
- Key Point Reviews: At the end of each unit is a summary of the most essential content covered in each unit.
- Unit Exams and Final Exam: Demanding fact-pattern problems encourage you to not just memorize but to also understand and apply information. This approach provides valuable practice in these important test-taking and exam-preparation skills. The questions have been carefully designed to follow the style and content of the most widely used testing services and to demonstrate the types of questions that you will likely encounter on state licensing exams.
Seat timeSeat-time Requirement: Alabama Real Estate Commission law mandates the maximum amount of time a student can spend on the course is 6 hours a day. (60-minute hours x 6 hours = 360 minutes a day.)
- Practice Exam - The course has a practice exam if the state requires a final end-of-course exam. The student needs to score a 70% on the practice exam to move forward and complete the course. The practice exam has a 3 to 1 ratio of questions and as explained previously all students are encouraged to work through all questions in the bank and time spent will count towards the minimum time requirement.
License Application Process
Alabama Real Estate Licensing Process
Sample Salesperson Application License Application Instructions
To become eligible to obtain a real estate SALESPERSON license in Alabama, an applicant who does not hold a current real estate license in another state must:
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident alien or legally present in the U.S;
- Be at least 19 years old;
- Show proof of bonafide residency in any state in the U.S.;
- Show proof of high school graduation or the equivalent;
- Not have been convicted of a felony or a crime involving moral turpitude;
- Not have had a real estate application or license rejected or revoked in any state within the past two years.
- After meeting the education and/or experience requirements, pass the licensing examination.
Additionally, a SALESPERSON applicant must:
- Prior to taking the state exam, successfully complete an approved 60 clock hour pre-license course. If the student fails the course, the student must take a second exam. Students failing the end-of-course exam a second time will be required to pay for and complete the entire course again.
- Fingerprint-Based Background Check: Applicants must submit to a fingerprint-based federal and state criminal background check, mandated by 34-27-32 Code of Alabama, by working with the Commission's processing company, Gemalto Cogent. The website is located at https://www.aps.gemalto.com
- Applicants MUST pass the Alabama AMP Real Estate License State Exam within 6 months of completing the course. If this deadline is not met, the course must be retaken.
Alabama State License Exam
- Students MUST review the Alabama Candidate Handbook for knowledge of the information there is a MUST.
- Upon successfully passing the State Exam at an AMP exam center, AMP will issue you an application for licensure. Complete the application and mail the application along with the AMP exam report, the Certificate of Completion from Cooke Real Estate School, proof of residency, documented proof of high school graduation or GED and $210 for an active license or $180 or an inactive license) to: Alabama Real Estate Commission, 1201 Carmichael Way, Montgomery, Alabama 36106
FINGERPRINTS TO BE REQUIRED AS PART OF LICENSE APPLICATION
- Criminal History Record Information (CHRI) is required of all applicants for an Alabama real estate license. CHRI has been obtained utilizing identifying information. However, the Commission has been informed by the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency (ALEA) that CHRI will now be fingerprint-based since it is more reliable than utilizing identifying information only.
- No later than July 1, 2015, an application for real estate licensure must include a set of professionally rolled fingerprints along with the Application to Review Alabama Criminal History Record Information among other things.
- A specific fingerprint card must be used for this requirement. The Commission has sent these cards to AMP so they will be available at all exam sites. Therefore, an applicant will receive both a score report and fingerprint card after passing the exam.
- While the Commission is providing this information to applicants, we believe that prelicense instructors may be asked about this process as well and need this information to share with students before they complete a prelicense course.
- Following is the Applicant information on procedures for fingerprinting:
Where to go: You must have your prints professionally rolled at a law enforcement agency. The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency (ALEA) office in Montgomery will print you without requiring an appointment or a fee for printing. The entrance to the ALEA office utilized for this purpose is at 834 Adams Street in Montgomery.
You may also utilize a police or sheriff department more convenient to you (including out-of-state) but not all offices actually take fingerprints. Find out if the location you choose requires an appointment and be prepared if they charge a fee for printing. These policies vary from location to location.
What to take: You must have proper ID in order to get printed such as one of the following:
- A valid unexpired U.S. state-issued photo driver license or photo ID (non-driver) card;
- A valid unexpired Active Duty, Retiree or Reservist military ID card (DD Form 2 or 2A);
- A valid unexpired U.S. Military Dependent ID card (for spouse or children of Active Duty Military personnel);
- A valid unexpired U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service Documentation, which may include:
o Certificate of Naturalization N-550, N-570, N-578; or
o Certificate of Citizenship N-560, N-561, N-645
- A valid unexpired U.S. Passport; or
- A valid unexpired Foreign Passport which meets the following requirements:
o A foreign passport must contain a Valid U.S. Visa or I-94 to be used as a primary proof of identification; or
o A foreign passport, not issued in English, must be translated and accompanied by a Certificate of Accurate Translation. Passports are not acceptable if un-translated into English and/or expired.
What to do with the fingerprints: Take the fingerprints with you as you leave the printing location. The fingerprints MUST be submitted to the Commission with your license application materials as instructed in the license application information.
90-Day Deadline: The completed application materials, which include the fingerprints, MUST be submitted to the Commission within 90 days of your examination date. The 90-day timeframe is measured from examination date to postmark for those applications mailed to the Commission. Failure to meet this deadline will mean your exam score is null and void.
Notice: Occasionally, there is trouble with the fingerprints. Should that occur, you will be contacted by the Commission and required to submit another set of prints.
Alabama Real Estate Commission
Course OutlineOutline for 60 Hour Alabama Real Estate Principles Course
National Real Estate Principles
Session - Subject
Session 1 - Introduction to the Real Estate Business
Session 2 - Real Property & the Law
Session 3 - Interests in Real Estate
Session 4 - Forms of Real Estate Ownership
Session 5 - Land Description
Session 6 - Transfer of Title
Session 7 - Title Records
Session 8 - Real Estate Brokerage
Session 9 - Real Estate Agency
Session 10 - Client Representation Agreements
Session 11 - Real Estate Contracts
Session 12 - Real Estate Financing
Session 13 - Government Involvement in Financing
Session 14 - Closing the Real Estate Transaction
Session 15 - Real Estate Taxes and Other Liens
Session 16 - Real Estate Appraisal
Session 17 - Leases
Session 18 - Fair Housing
Session 19 - Property Management
Session 20 - Land-Use Controls and Property Development
Session 21 - Environmental Issues & the Real Estate Transaction
Session 22 - Modern Real Estate Math
Alabama State Specific
Session 1 – Alabama Qualifications for Licensure
Session 2 – Alabama Services of Real Estate
Session 3 – Alabama License Law and Administration
Session 4 – Alabama Brokerage Relationships and Agency
Session 5 – Alabama Brokerage Operations and Trust Accounts
Session 6 – Alabama Brokerage Engagement, Contracts and Advertising
Session 7 – Alabama Ownership Interests and Legal Descriptions
Session 8 – Alabama Property Management
Alabama Required Final Exam to be Proctored
- Call: 1-888-213-5124
- Monday - Thursday, 8 AM to 10 PM (ET)
- Friday 8 AM to 6 PM (ET)
- After you enroll, a licensed real estate instructor will be available for questions Monday through Friday between 8:30 A. M. and 5:00 P. M. EST.
- We encourage students to e-mail the instructor with questions regarding the On-Line course at Info@CookeSchool.com.
- With an e-mail to the instructor, the student will have a written document of the response. For questions by e-mail, there is a 24 Hour response time Monday through Friday. E-mails over Saturday, Sunday or a legal holiday will be returned the first business day.
- On each student page is a "Live Chat" link. When the live chat link shows "online" the student can ask the operator any questions they have. Cooke encourages communication with the school.
Technical & On-line Course Questions:
- If I forget my real estate course password, where can I find it?
Please call the school at 1-800-943-9993 Monday - Friday between 8am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time, or send an email to email@example.com.
- My video won't play.
Check Internet connection, change browser to Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, some computers need to download Microsoft Silverlight. Or you may call the Cooke Real Estate School at 1-800-943-9993 Monday - Friday between 8am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time.
- My score isn't showing up in the grade section.
Refresh your browser, sometimes there is a very short delay.
- Can I use my tablet?
Tablets and Kindall's are not recommended because of connectivity issues and stability, especially for timed-end-of-course exams.
- Does the real estate license course work on all the platforms?
- Once I log into my course page, do I have to login each time using my user name and password?
- I watched the video course presentation but i still can't move forward, what do I do?
Be sure to click on the 'SAVE AND RETURN' button, or simply refresh your page.
- If I have a question regarding a quiz question(s), how can I get help?
There are three different aspects of communication with the school: phone, email or live chat. The school makes a big effort to respond within 24 hours if by email. On weekends and holidays, we also try to respond within 24 hours, sometimes it may be the next business day.
- Once I register how quickly can I start?
Upon registration there are two emails sent to the student. One is a receipt and the other contains your user name and password. Students can then access their Course Page right away and start the course.
- All courses come with a real estate course textbook(s), should I wait until I have the book to start?
Having a textbook is a VERY important part of the course, but you can certainly start without it. The school recommends waiting until you receive the companion textbook.
- Is the course evaluation necessary for me to complete the course?
Yes, the evaluation needs to be completed. The evaluation is mandated by ARELLO which is required by the state regulatory agencies. Any comment that you would like to make that we can post on our Testimonial page is very much appreciated.
- Is a Student Affidavit required to be completed to obtain a certificate of completion?
Yes, mandated by regulatory agencies.
- What happens if I have technical issues?
If you are having a technical issue, please call Cooke Real Estate School so we can determine what the issue is. If we can't solve it over the phone, we recommend allowing your tech staff to access your computer device, so we can actually see the same thing you are seeing. Students that are taking the course with an iPad or iPhone, our technicians will not be able to access those devices.