How do I get website presences without spending any money?- Apr 20, 2010 Archive
This is a great question and I wish I had all the answers. But over the last year or so our real estate school has tried to get better website presents for our course offerings because we have expanded to many states. We have always done well in Florida, Mississippi and West Virginia but have not been able to match that success in other states.
So as a result, we have tried to improve on that effort. We did try pay-per-click but it got real expensive and we decided that the return versus the investment certainly did not justify the amount of money we were spending. So we have been trying other methods.
The objective is to be in the organic search area, so when someone does a search for a product that you are selling, you have that you can be as close to the first page as possible. How do you do that?
Here is a website page an individual wrote that I found very helpful: http://www.searchenginejournal.com/55-quick-seo-tips-even-your-mother-would-love/6760
But one thing I have found is that to get website presents take a lot of work. Just like anything worthwhile.
Here are a few of my own tips:
1. Make sure each page has its own title, keywords and description.
2. Keep the website current and that means get familiar with your software so you personally can make changes on the fly.
3. Find up dated material that you can put on your website that makes the website current.
4. Have something on your website that will get someones attention.
5. Obtain partners in your own field that will link to you.
6. Make sure that the links to your home page are to the domain and not to your domain with an index.com add on.
The key element in all this is to make sure that someone in the firm or the agent who the website it belongs to, designate time daily, if possible, to some work on the website. Results will show but it take time and more time and more time, but it will happen .be patient.
Cooke Real Estate School