16 Hour Community Association Manager (CAM) (Florida)
This is the FIRST STEP needed to join one of the fastest growing professions in Floridas Real Estate market, which is being a Community Association Manager. This totally ONLINE 16 Hour approved CAM license course has everything one needs to find success on the State Exam. Everyone learns differently and this course is perfect for the auditory and visual learner. There are video presentations, flashcards, and matching exercises to learn the Key Terms. There are also quizzes to help prepare one for the important State Exam. Besides the extensive educational course materials, students are also provided The Condominium Concept book by Peter Dunbar, which is a daily guide for all CAM managers as well as thousands of association officers, directors of condominiums and cooperative associations across the State of Florida.
Course Approval PRE40
- Online License Course
- Community Association Manager (CAM) Textbook
- The Condominium Concept
- Candidate Handbook
- There is no refund once the course is purchased.
- This course is completely online. The course is not downloadable. The student can work through the course at their convenience.
- This course is NOT designed to be printed for security purposes and copyright regulations.
- Course Expiration - You have six (6) months to complete your course from the date of purchase. The date of expiration is located in the upper right hand corner of your course page. If you are unable to complete your course within the allotted period of time (on expiration date the course will end at midnight EST), there will be extension options available in two month increments, with the maximum being 6 months (180 days). Courses will not be allowed to go over one-year-old. NO EXCEPTIONS. If your course is not complete at the maximum extension time, you may repurchase the course with a 10% discount offered.
- Shipping - Shipping is FREE. The textbook(s) that are in the package the student selected will be mailed by U.S. Priority Mail. The postmaster advertises 2 to 3 day delivery. The companion textbook to the course is included in all packages, Bronze, Silver and Gold.
- Login Information - Upon registration the student will receive two emails, one is a receipt for purchase and one has the student's user name and password to access their Course Page. The link to the "Student Login" is at the top of every webpage.
Course InformationInformation for Taking the course:
- Login - The student can access their Course Page by going to the "Student Login" link which is located in the top corner of the website.
- Sessions/ Chapters - The course is broken down into Sessions/Chapters. Each session corresponds to the chapters in the text book. To complete a session and move on to the next, you must finish the required assignments for that session. These assignments consist of watching the video presentation for the required amount of time, completing vocabulary matching exercises and passing the session quizzes.
- Video Presentation - This is a recorded video of our instructors going over the sessions with a power point presentation to help provide examples and explanations. There is a time requirement for each Session's video presentation which needs to be watched in real time. Speeding the video up does not reduce the time requirement. To make sure time is recorded, click on the link at the top of the video SAVE AND RETURN It is recommended to use Mozilla Firefox as your browser..
- Vocabulary Matching - Each session has a Flashcard exercise of Key Terms and a vocabulary matching exercise where the student needs to match all items in the exercise.
- Session Quizzes
- As the student works through the course, there is an assessment quiz after every video presentation. The quiz must be answered with 80% accuracy before that session can be marked complete.
- If the student obtains a score of 70% to 79% the system will show what questions the student got right. The student needs to make note and retake the quiz. Once the student scores 80% or higher the system will show all the questions and the reasons. The time spent on the quiz will be counted toward the total time required. (See seat-time below.)
- Supplemental Flashcard Exercise - At the end of the nine course sessions, Cooke provides a comprehensive Flashcard exercise of Key Terms, Florida Statutes, Time Requirements, and various important information students need to know to pass the State Exam.
- Agreement - Once the student successfully completes the summary or practice exam a link to the Agreement becomes available. Every course requires the student to complete the "Agreement," which states the student completed the course on their own.
- Seat-time Requirement: State law mandates a 16 hour course for pre-licensure. As a result, there is a seat-time requirement of 800 minutes (16 hours x 50 minute hours). Each video presentation has a time requirement and the total course has a time requirement. All time spent on the video presentations, quizzes, matching exercise, text links, and any supplemental quizzes, all count towards the MINIMUM time requirement. Students can spend as much time as necessary to learn the material, so this time requirement is NOT a maximum requirement.
- Non-movement of the mouse for more than 20 minutes will disengage the student from the course page.
- Final Exam - The student must successfully complete the 50 question Final Exam with a minimum score of 70%. If the student does not meet minimum requirement the student must retake the exam again until a passing grade is achieved. Upon successfully completing the exam and the time requirement, an email is sent to the student with a link to the Certificate of Completion. The student must then print the certificate and attach it to the state application. You will get 2 attemps to pass the Exam.
License Application ProcessOnline with Video Presentations Cooke Real Estate School provides the required CAM course totally online with a video presentation for each Session.
The course comes with a very informative text The Condominium Concept by Peter M. Dunbar, Esq. Students will find that this text the source for answers to the many questions that will be asked during their condominium management career.
Requirements for Licensure and the Licensing Process
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, have a high school diploma or an equivalent, be honest, truthful and of good character. Florida residency or U.S.. Citizenship is NOT a requirement. Applicants must have a Social Security Number.
- Applicants must attend an approved eighteen (16) hour CAM pre-license course and satisfactory complete the course prior to making application to the state to take the state examination.
- Important NOTE: The Community Association Manager State Exam MUST be passed within a 12 month period from the completion date on the pre-licensure course certificate.
- A Community Association Manager's license is required for those who want to manage homeowners and condominium associations of more than 10 units or have an annual budget in excess of $100,000.
- There is a 800 minute (16 hours at 50 minutes per hour) course time requirement. This is a minimum time NOT a maximum time.
- Once the student successfully completes the 16 Hour Community Association Management Course, the student is sent an email and in the email is a link to the Certificate of Completion for the course. The student should print the certificate and submit the completion certificate along with their application.
- Applicants should complete and submit their electronic fingerprints for processing at least 30 days prior to submitting their applications to the Department. For instructions on electronic fingerprints, please refer to the instructions found here FINGERPRINTING. If you are submitting your fingerprints through a Livescan vendor your ORI number is FL921932Z.
- The student can make APPLICATION to the Department of Business and Professional Regulation. Applicants should submit their prelicense education course "Completion Certificate" with their application to the DBPR
- Once the student passes the State Exam with minimum score of 70% a license is provided.
- Please read this document, CAM Candidate Information Booklet, for it has lots of important information regarding the CAM licensing process.
- Many questions are answered here: Frequently Asked Questions for CAM
Course OutlineOutline for 16 Hour Community Association Manager License (CAM)
Session 1 – Community Association Concept
Session 2 – License Law
Session 3 – Business Law
Session 4 – Association Law
Session 5 – General Operations
Session 6 – Financial Management
Session 7 – Asset Protection
Session 8 – Asset Preservation
Session 9 – Human Relations
End of Course Exam
After you enroll, a licensed real estate instructor will be available for questions Monday through Friday between 8:30 A. M. and 5:00 P. M. EST. We encourage students to e-mail the instructor with questions regarding the On-Line course at Info@CookeSchool.com. With an e-mail to the instructor, the student will have a written document of the response. For questions by e-mail, there is a 24-Hour response time Monday through Friday. E-mails over Saturday, Sunday, or a legal holiday will be returned on the first business day.
Technical & On-line Course Overview:Technical Issues: Please view the following items:
- To experience the best results from a technical perspective on the course, please view the following RECOMMENDED SOFTWARE.
- We recommend using Mozilla Firefox as your Web Browser: Download for PC and Mac
- At this time we DO NOT recommend using the Microsoft Edge web browser.
- Call TOLL FREE (800)943-9993 Monday through Friday 8:30 A. M. to 5:00 P.M. EST.
- E-mail Info@CookeSchool.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
- If I forget my real estate course password, where can I find it?
Please call the school at 1-800-943-9993 Monday - Friday between 8 am to 5 pm Eastern Standard Time, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- My video won't play.
Check the Internet connection, and change the browser to Mozilla Firefox, some computers need to download Microsoft Silverlight. Or you may call the Cooke Real Estate School at 1-800-943-9993 Monday - Friday between 8 am to 5 pm Eastern Standard Time.
- My score isn't showing up in the grade section.
Refresh your browser, sometimes there is a very short delay.
- Can I use my tablet?
Tablets and Kindalls are not recommended because of connectivity issues and stability, especially for timed end-of-course exams.
- Does the real estate license course work on all the platforms?
- Once I log into my course page, do I have to log in each time using my username and password?
- I watched the video course presentation but I still can't move forward, what do I do?
Be sure to click on the 'SAVE AND RETURN' button, or simply refresh your page.
- If I have a question regarding a quiz question(s), how can I get help?
There are three different aspects of communication with the school: phone, email, or live chat. The school makes a big effort to respond within 24 hours if by email. On weekends and holidays, we also try to respond within 24 hours, sometimes it may be the next business day.
- Once I register how quickly can I start?
Upon registration, there are two emails sent to the student. One is a receipt and the other contains your username and password. Students can then access their Course Page right away and start the course.
- All courses come with a real estate course textbook(s), should I wait until I have the book to start?
Having a textbook is a VERY important part of the course, but you can certainly start without it. The school recommends waiting until you receive the companion textbook.
- Is the course evaluation necessary for me to complete the course?
Yes, the evaluation needs to be completed. The evaluation is mandated by ARELLO which is required by the state regulatory agencies. Any comment that you would like to make that we can post on our Testimonial page is very much appreciated.
- Is a Student Affidavit required to be completed to obtain a certificate of completion?
Yes, mandated by regulatory agencies.
- What happens if I have technical issues?
If you are having a technical issue, please call during regular business hours or email Cooke Real Estate School so we can determine what the issue is. If we can't solve it over the phone, we recommend allowing your tech staff to access your computer device, so we can see the same thing you are seeing. For students that are taking the course with an iPad or iPhone, our technicians will not be able to access those devices.