30 Hour Broker Post - Commercial Real Estate
Cooke Real Estate School - A Real Estate Broker Post-Licensing course offered online for Florida. State Approved, Self-Paced, Valuable Learning Tools, and Companion Textbooks are included with all packages. Obtaining a real estate agent license is just a click away.
Course Approval Number: #0021587
School Approval Letter ZH1000576
- Online Post License Course
- The Insider's Guide to Commercial Real Estate
- All Items in the Bronze Package Included
- Additional Textbook:
- Commercial and Investment Real Estate: Tools of the Trade
Purchase InformationInformation needed to know before Purchasing the course:
- There is no refund once the course is purchased.
- This course is completely online. The course is not downloadable. The student can work through the course at their convenience.
- This course is NOT designed to be printed for security purposes and copyright regulations.
- Course Expiration - You have six (6) months to complete your course from the date of purchase. The date of expiration is located in the upper right-hand corner of your course page. If you are unable to complete your course within the allotted period (on the expiration date the course will end at midnight EST), there will be extension options available in two-month increments, with the maximum being 6 months (180 days). Courses will not be allowed to go over one year old. NO EXCEPTIONS. If your course is not complete at the maximum extension time, you may repurchase the course with a 10% discount offered.
- Shipping - Shipping is FREE. The textbook(s) that are in the package the student selected will be mailed by U.S. Priority Mail. The postmaster advertises 2 to 3-day delivery. The companion textbook to the course is included in all packages, Bronze, Silver, and Gold.
- Login Information - Upon registration the student will receive two emails, one is a purchase receipt and one has the student's username and password to access their Course Page. The link to the "Student Login" is at the top of every webpage.
Information for taking the course:
- Login - The student can access their Course Page by going to the "STUDENT LOGIN" link which is located on the top corner of all web pages of Cooke Real Estate School.
- Sessions/ Chapters - The course is broken down into Sessions/Chapters. Each session corresponds to the chapters in the companion textbook provided with the course. To complete a session and move on to the next, you must finish the required assignments for that session. These assignments consist of watching the video presentation, going through the flashcard exercise of real estate Key Terms, completing vocabulary matching exercises, and passing the session's quizzes.
- Video Presentation - This is a recorded video presentation by professional instructors going over each session with synchronized PowerPoints within the presentation to help provide examples. This is an excellent format for visual and auditory learners. Upon completion of the video presentation, a green check mark will be shown. To make sure time is recorded, click on the link at the top of the video SAVE AND RETURN. It is recommended to use Mozilla Firefox as your browser.
- Vocabulary Matching -Each session has a Flashcard exercise, going over the real estate Key Terms of each session/chapter in the course. Next is a vocabulary matching exercise where the student needs to score 100% (all words and definitions to be matched correctly) to complete the exercise. Upon completion of the matching exercise successfully a green check mark will be shown. For reference, there is a Glossary at the back of the companion textbook of the course.
- Session Quizzes - As the student works through the course, there is an assessment quiz after every video presentation. The quiz must be answered with 80% accuracy before that session can be marked complete. Upon completion of the quiz successfully, a green check market will be shown.
- Final Exam - Please review the EXAM tab on the Course Information Page or Orientation Page for additional information.
- Seat-time: This course has a seat-time tracking system to let the student know much time they have spent on the course. This course is good for 30 hours towards the licensed broker's 60-hour post-license requirement. The course is designed around the required 30-hour timeline but in Florida, seat time for distance learning is NOT required. So this tracking system is ONLY for the student's benefit.
- Non-movement of the mouse for more than 20 minutes will disengage the student from the course page.
- Timed End-of-Course Exam - This course has a timed one-hour-and-a-half hour final exam with 50 questions. The exam is multiple choice with four choices. The student must score a 75% or more on the end-of-course exam.
- Upon completing the exam access to the "Completion Certificate" is unlocked. The completion certificate is in Adobe PDF format. The student can print it out or save it on their computer in case they are audited by the Division of Real Estate.
- At the same time the email is generated to the student with the Completion Certificate, the completion is automatically reported on the DBPR web portal for schools. The completion will show up about 24 to 48 hours after the report is completed.
- If the student fails the online end-of-course exam, the student can take the second exam right away.
Course OutlineOutline for the 30-Hour Commercial Real Estate Course
Session 1 - Getting Started
Session 2 - Types of Properties
Session 3 - Investors and Other Types of Buyers
Session 4 - Land
Session 5 - Commercial Contracts
Session 6 - Math & Valuation
Session 7 - Finance
Session 8 - Brokerage Fundamentals
Session 9 - Leasing
Session 10 - Development
Session 11 - Property Management
End-of-Course Exam - 1.5 Hour, 50 Question Multiple Choice Exam.
After you enroll, a licensed real estate instructor will be available for questions Monday through Friday between 8:30 A. M. and 5:00 P. M. EST. We encourage students to e-mail the instructor with questions regarding the On-Line course at Info@CookeSchool.com. With an e-mail to the instructor, the student will have a written document of the response. For questions by e-mail, there is a 24-Hour response time Monday through Friday. E-mails over Saturday, Sunday, or a legal holiday will be returned on the first business day.
Technical & On-line Course Overview:Technical Issues: Please view the following items:
- To experience the best results from a technical perspective on the course, please view the following RECOMMENDED SOFTWARE.
- We recommend using Mozilla Firefox as your Web Browser: Download for PC and Mac
- At this time we DO NOT recommend using the Microsoft Edge web browser.
- Call TOLL FREE (800)943-9993 Monday through Friday 8:30 A. M. to 5:00 P.M. EST.
- E-mail Info@CookeSchool.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
- If I forget my real estate course password, where can I find it?
Please call the school at 1-800-943-9993 Monday - Friday between 8 am to 5 pm Eastern Standard Time, or send an email to email@example.com.
- My video won't play.
Check the Internet connection, and change the browser to Mozilla Firefox, some computers need to download Microsoft Silverlight. Or you may call the Cooke Real Estate School at 1-800-943-9993 Monday - Friday between 8 am to 5 pm Eastern Standard Time.
- My score isn't showing up in the grade section.
Refresh your browser, sometimes there is a very short delay.
- Can I use my tablet?
Tablets and Kindalls are not recommended because of connectivity issues and stability, especially for timed end-of-course exams.
- Does the real estate license course work on all the platforms?
- Once I log into my course page, do I have to log in each time using my username and password?
- I watched the video course presentation but I still can't move forward, what do I do?
Be sure to click on the 'SAVE AND RETURN' button, or simply refresh your page.
- If I have a question regarding a quiz question(s), how can I get help?
There are three different aspects of communication with the school: phone, email, or live chat. The school makes a big effort to respond within 24 hours if by email. On weekends and holidays, we also try to respond within 24 hours, sometimes it may be the next business day.
- Once I register how quickly can I start?
Upon registration, there are two emails sent to the student. One is a receipt and the other contains your username and password. Students can then access their Course Page right away and start the course.
- All courses come with a real estate course textbook(s), should I wait until I have the book to start?
Having a textbook is a VERY important part of the course, but you can certainly start without it. The school recommends waiting until you receive the companion textbook.
- Is the course evaluation necessary for me to complete the course?
Yes, the evaluation needs to be completed. The evaluation is mandated by ARELLO which is required by the state regulatory agencies. Any comment that you would like to make that we can post on our Testimonial page is very much appreciated.
- Is a Student Affidavit required to be completed to obtain a certificate of completion?
Yes, mandated by regulatory agencies.
- What happens if I have technical issues?
If you are having a technical issue, please call during regular business hours or email Cooke Real Estate School so we can determine what the issue is. If we can't solve it over the phone, we recommend allowing your tech staff to access your computer device, so we can see the same thing you are seeing. For students that are taking the course with an iPad or iPhone, our technicians will not be able to access those devices.