28 Hour Real Estate Reactivation Course for License Renewal
This course is needed if the licensee wants to reactivate their license if the license has been involuntarily inactive for more than 12 months but less than 24 months. The state of Florida approved course number for this course is #0011266
School Approval Letter ZH1000576
- Online Course
- Florida Real Estate Principles, Practices and Law
- Florida Statutes and Administrative Code Candidate Booklet
Purchase InformationInformation needed to know before Purchasing the course:
- There is no refund once the course is purchased.
- This course is completely online. The course is not downloadable. The student can work through the course at their convenience.
- This course is NOT designed to be printed for security purposes and copyright regulations.
- Course Expiration - You have six (6) months to complete your course from the date of purchase. The date of expiration is located in the upper right hand corner of your course page. If you are unable to complete your course within the allotted period of time (on expiration date the course will end at midnight EST), there will be extension options available in two month increments, with the maximum being 6 months (180 days). Courses will not be allowed to go over one-year-old. NO EXCEPTIONS. If your course is not complete at the maximum extension time, you may repurchase the course with a 10% discount offered.
- Shipping - Shipping is FREE. The textbook(s) that are in the package the student selected will be mailed by U.S. Priority Mail. The postmaster advertises 2 to 3 day delivery. The companion textbook to the course is included.
- Login Information - Upon registration the student will receive two emails, one is a receipt for purchase and one has the student’s user name and password to access their Course Page. The link to the "Student Login" is at the top of every webpage.
Course InformationInformation for Taking the course:
- Login - The student can access their Course Page by going to the "Student Login" link which is located in the top corner of the website.
- Sessions/ Chapters - The course is broken down into Sessions/Chapters. Each session corresponds to the chapters in the text book. FREC Rule 61J2.3.010 layout the requirement for this course. When you read the FREC Rule the course is basically various chapters in the prelicense sales associate course. To complete a session and move on to the next, you must finish the required assignments for that session. These assignments consist of watching the video presentation for the required amount of time, completing vocabulary matching exercises and passing the session quizzes.
- Video Presentation - This is a recorded video of our instructor going over the session with a power point presentation to help provide examples. To make sure time is recorded, click on the link at the top of the video SAVE AND RETURN. It is recommended to use Mozilla Firefox as your browser.
- Vocabulary Matching - Each session has a vocabulary matching exercise where the student needs to score 100% (all words and definitions to be matched correctly) to complete the exercise.
- Session Quizzes - As the student works through the course, there is an assessment quiz after every video presentation. The quiz must be answered with 80% accuracy before that session can be marked complete.
- Study Materials - Occasionally some sessions will have extra course materials to study. This could include Text Links which are documents that relate to the current session or Supplemental Quizzes which are extra questions for study purposes. These items are not required for the student to progress through the course, but are intended for additional study materials.
- Text Links - Text links are available for each Session giving links to documents and websites all pertaining to the content of the Session to help the student learn the material presented in the Session.
- Supplemental Quizzes - Additional quizzes that are not required to complete the session. These are intended for study and to help students learn the material.
- Agreement - Once the student successfully completes the summary or practice exam a link to the Agreement becomes available. Every course requires the student to complete the "Agreement," which states the student completed the course on their own.
- Seat-time: The course has a seat-time tracking system to let you know much time the student has spent on the course. Florida's continuing education for Reactivation renewal requirement is 28 hours, but Florida does NOT require seat-time for distance learning courses. This tracking system is ONLY for the student's benefit.
- Non-movement of the mouse for more than 20 minutes will disengage the student from the course page.
- Practice Exam - The course has a practice exam if the state requires a final end-of-course exam. The student needs to score a 70% on the practice exam to move forward and complete the course.
- Timed End-of-Course Exam - This course has a timed one hour and a half hour - multiple choice final exam with 50 questions. To successfully complete the Florida 28 Hour Reactivation Course, you must pass the end of course exam with a 70% or higher. If you do not pass the first time, there is a 30-day wait period to retest, and you may retest a maximum of one (1) time. If you fail a second time, you will need to repurchase and complete the course again in its entirety.
- Upon successfully completing the exam access to the "Completion Certificate" is unlocked. The completion certificate is in an Adobe format. The student can print it out or save it on their computer in case they are audited by the DRE.
- At the same time the email is generated with the link to the Certificate of Completion, the completion is recorded on the DBPR web portal for schools. Once the school reports the completion on the DBPR database, the completion will show up about 24 to 48 hours after the report is completed.
Course OutlineOutline of the 28 Hour Reactivation Course as Prescribed in FREC Rule 61J2-3.010
Session — Chapter
- Session 1 — The Real Estate Business (Chapter 1 in textbook)
- Session 2 — Real Estate License Law & Qualification for Licensure (Chapter 2 in textbook)
- Session 3 — License Law and Commission Rules(Chapter 3 in textbook)
- Session 4 — Authorized Relationships Duties and Disclosure (Chapter 4 in textbook)
- Session 5 — Real Estate Brokerage Activities; Guides to Salespersons (Chapter 5 in textbook)
- Session 6 — Violations of License Law, Penalties, and Procedures (Chapter 6 in textbook)
- Session 7 — Federal and State Laws Pertaining to Real Estate (Chapter 7 in textbook)
- Session 8 — Real Estate Contracts (Chapter 11 in textbook)
- Session 9 — Real Estate Related Computations and Closing of Transaction (Chapter 14 in textbook)
- Session 10 — Real Estate Investment and Business Opportunity Brokerage (Chapter 17 in textbook)
- Practice Exam
- End-of-Course Exam - 50 Multiple Choice Questions, 70% to Pass.
After you enroll, a licensed real estate instructor will be available for questions Monday through Friday between 8:30 A. M. and 5:00 P. M. EST. We encourage students to e-mail the instructor with questions regarding the On-Line course at Info@CookeSchool.com. With an e-mail to the instructor, the student will have a written document of the response. For questions by e-mail, there is a 24-Hour response time Monday through Friday. E-mails over Saturday, Sunday, or a legal holiday will be returned on the first business day.
Technical & On-line Course Overview:Technical Issues: Please view the following items:
- To experience the best results from a technical perspective on the course, please view the following RECOMMENDED SOFTWARE.
- We recommend using Mozilla Firefox as your Web Browser: Download for PC and Mac
- At this time we DO NOT recommend using the Microsoft Edge web browser.
- Call TOLL FREE (800)943-9993 Monday through Friday 8:30 A. M. to 5:00 P.M. EST.
- E-mail Info@CookeSchool.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
- If I forget my real estate course password, where can I find it?
Please call the school at 1-800-943-9993 Monday - Friday between 8 am to 5 pm Eastern Standard Time, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- My video won't play.
Check the Internet connection, and change the browser to Mozilla Firefox, some computers need to download Microsoft Silverlight. Or you may call the Cooke Real Estate School at 1-800-943-9993 Monday - Friday between 8 am to 5 pm Eastern Standard Time.
- My score isn't showing up in the grade section.
Refresh your browser, sometimes there is a very short delay.
- Can I use my tablet?
Tablets and Kindalls are not recommended because of connectivity issues and stability, especially for timed end-of-course exams.
- Does the real estate license course work on all the platforms?
- Once I log into my course page, do I have to log in each time using my username and password?
- I watched the video course presentation but I still can't move forward, what do I do?
Be sure to click on the 'SAVE AND RETURN' button, or simply refresh your page.
- If I have a question regarding a quiz question(s), how can I get help?
There are three different aspects of communication with the school: phone, email, or live chat. The school makes a big effort to respond within 24 hours if by email. On weekends and holidays, we also try to respond within 24 hours, sometimes it may be the next business day.
- Once I register how quickly can I start?
Upon registration, there are two emails sent to the student. One is a receipt and the other contains your username and password. Students can then access their Course Page right away and start the course.
- All courses come with a real estate course textbook(s), should I wait until I have the book to start?
Having a textbook is a VERY important part of the course, but you can certainly start without it. The school recommends waiting until you receive the companion textbook.
- Is the course evaluation necessary for me to complete the course?
Yes, the evaluation needs to be completed. The evaluation is mandated by ARELLO which is required by the state regulatory agencies. Any comment that you would like to make that we can post on our Testimonial page is very much appreciated.
- Is a Student Affidavit required to be completed to obtain a certificate of completion?
Yes, mandated by regulatory agencies.
- What happens if I have technical issues?
If you are having a technical issue, please call during regular business hours or email Cooke Real Estate School so we can determine what the issue is. If we can't solve it over the phone, we recommend allowing your tech staff to access your computer device, so we can see the same thing you are seeing. For students that are taking the course with an iPad or iPhone, our technicians will not be able to access those devices.