63 Hour Florida Real Estate Sales Associate License Course
Cooke Real Estate School - A Real Estate Pre-Licensing course offered online for Florida. State Approved, Self-Paced, Valuable Learning Tools, and Companion Textbooks are included with all packages. Obtaining a real estate agent license is just a click away.
Course Approval Letter #0016744
School Approval Letter ZH1000576
- Online Course
- Florida Real Estate Exam Manual
- Florida Real Estate Law Book
- All Items in the Bronze Package Included
- Additional Textbooks:
- Florida Real Estate Exam Manual
- Mastering Real Estate Math
- Extra Online Course - Florida Exam Prep Course
- All Items in the Silver Package Included
- Additional Textbooks:
- The Language of Real Estate
- Up and Running in 30 days
- All Items in the Gold Package Included
- Additional Textbook:
- Sales and Marketing 101
- Extra Online Course - Sales and Marketing 101
Purchase InformationPurchase Information: Information needed to know before purchasing the course:
- This course comes with the pre-license 63 Hour course. If you are purchasing only this course there is no refund once the course is purchased.
- This course is completely online. The course is not downloadable. The student can work through the course at their convenience.
- This course is NOT designed to be printed for security purposes and copyright regulations.
- Course Expiration - A student has six (6) months to complete the program. If the student's course expires, the student will be offered three options to extend the course if necessary, up to a maximum of six months from the date of the course expiration. The date of expiration is at the top of the Course Page. For example, if the registration date is January 1, 2023, the date of expiration is June 30, 2023, at Midnight (Eastern Standard Time). If the course is not completed within the six (6) month time period, extension options are available for a fee.
- Shipping - Shipping is FREE. The textbook(s) that are in the package the student selected will be mailed by U.S. Priority Mail. The postmaster advertises 2 to 3-day delivery. The companion textbook to the course is included in all packages; Bronze, Silver and Gold, and Platinum.
- Login Information - Upon registration the student will receive two emails, one is a purchase receipt and one has the students user name and password to access their Course Page. The link to the 'Student Login' is at the top of every webpage.
Course InformationCourse Information
- Login - The student can access their Course Page by going to the "STUDENT LOGIN" link which is located in the top corner of the website.
- Sessions/ Chapters - The course is broken down into Sessions/Chapters. Each session corresponds to the chapters in the Florida Real Estate Principles, Practices & Law and the Florida Real Estate Exam Manual for Sales Associates. To complete a session/chapter and move on to the next, you must finish the required assignments for that session. These assignments consist of watching the video presentation, going through the flashcard exercise of real estate Key Terms, and completing vocabulary matching exercises and passing the session quiz.
- Video Presentation - This is a recorded video presentation of professional instructors going over each session/chapter with synchronized PowerPoint within the presentation to help provide examples. This is an excellent format for visual and auditory learners. Upon completion of a video presentation, a green checkmark will be shown. Upon exiting from the video presentation make sure you click on the link at the top of the video SAVE AND RETURN.
- Vocabulary Matching - Each session has a Flashcard exercise, going over the real estate Key Terms of each session/chapter in the course. Next is a vocabulary matching exercise where the student needs to score 100% (all words and definitions to be matched correctly) to complete the exercise. Upon completion of the matching exercise successfully a green checkmark will be shown. The Key Terms with definitions are all on the first page of each session in the companion textbook for this course. The quiz must be answered with 80% accuracy before that session can be marked complete. Upon completion of the quiz successfully, a greencheck mark will be shown.
- Seat-time: The course has a seat-time tracking system to let you know much time the student has spent on the course. Florida license requirement is 63 hours, but Florida does NOT require seat-time for distance learning courses. So this tracking system is ONLY for the student's benefit.
- Non-movement of the mouse for more than 20 minutes will disengage the student from the course page.
- Practice Exam - The last step before the end-of-course exam is the Practice Exam. This exam is NOT timed and has 100 questions. Students need to score 70% or more to move to the TIMED end-of-course exam.
- Final Exam Preparation - To assist students in their effort to pass the requried exam, Cooke Real Estate School also provides:
- Student with Florida Real Estate Exam Manual for Sales Associates and Brokers textbook that has hundreds of real estate multiple choice questions and real estate Key Terms to review.
- An important Study Guide is designed to help students focus on the sales associate course content necessary to pass the end-of-course exam.
- Final Exam - The Florida Real Estate Commission requires students to pass a 100 question multiple-choice exam with a passing score of 70%
- Timed End-of-Course Exam - The final exam is a timed 3 hour exam. The exam is 100 multiple choice questions. The student must score a 70% or more on the end-of-course exam and the exam must be completed in one session.
- Upon completing end-of-course exam, the grade will be shown. If the student successfully passes the course exam with a score of 70% or better, access to the "Completion Certificate" is unlocked, which the student needs to print out so they can take Pearson VUE exam center when taking their state exam.
- If the student fails the online end-of-course exam, the student has to wait at least thirty days or less than one year before the student can retake the end of course exam. The student is able to have access to review the course until the student takes the end-of-course exam again after the 30 day waiting period. If the student fails the second time the student will need to retake the course again and the student will need to pay the full tuition fee again. PLEASE NOTE: This requirement of needing to wait 30 days to retake the end-of-course exam is a requirement according to Florida Real Estate Commission Rule 61J2-3.008.
- If student fails the end-of-course exam the second time, the student will need to retake the course and pay again in order to receive a completion certificate.
- End of Course Exam and State Exam - Passing the course and passing the state exam are the goals Cooke School has for all its students. Finding success in a real estate career starts with the student obtaining a real estate license. A career in real estate offers so much opportunity for a rewarding career and Cooke wants to help get that started by providing the student the knowledge and confidence to pass the course and the state exam. Besides all the course materials that Cooke provides, here are various documents and a video presentation that can also help all real estate license students find success:
- Florida Real Estate Exam Prep
- DPBRs State Exam Helpful Hints
License Application Process
Education is good for 2 years from the completion date of the pre-licensing course.License Application Process and Important Info for the State Exam:
The process to make application to the state of Florida for the initial license process is the following:
- Cooke School recommends that, if at all possible, as soon as the student decides to take the sales associate license course or the broker license course, the student should make application to the state. This can be accomplished by filling out the application on-line or printing the application out and mailing the application in with a check. Students can pay the application payment on-line by credit card.
Here is the Link to the Sales Associate application process which can be done in paper or on-line.
- Complete the application as honestly as you know how. DISCLOSE ALL.
- Applicant's Social Security number is required on the application.
- The application fee to the state of Florida is $83.75 for Salesperson and $91.75 for Broker.
- All license applicants must have their fingerprints taken to be approved to take the state exam. The total fee charged to complete this process varies by each vendor but at Pearson VUE locations the fee is $49.91, but reservations are necessary, call 1-877-238-8232. Here is the important "Electronic Fingerprinting Information" for all students to read. Pearson VUE's has centers for fingerprinting and exam locations all over Florida: Link to locations are on the right side of the website.
- Out of state applicants, please review the Electronic Fingerprinting Information link above for directions.
- Where do I get the ORI number to submit to the fingerprint vendor? The following professions require submission of electronic fingerprints as a part of the licensure application. The ORI number identifies the correct profession and the agency that is responsible for processing your request. The ORI numbers are indicated next to each profession. Real Estate Sales and Brokers - FL920010Z
- In scheduling the state exam, students MUST have their Entity Number. The nine digit Entity Number is located on the letter of approval that students will obtain from the DBPR regarding being approved to take the State Exam. Many times students can find out if they are approved before receiving the letter by going this link: https://www.myfloridalicense.com/wl11.asp. If the student finds they are approved before they received the letter, they can call 850-487-1395 to get their Entity Number.
- After you have completed the course, check this link to determine if your application is approved. APPLICATION STATUS LINK>
- The fee to take the State Exam is $36.75
- Here is a link to the Florida licensee's Candidate Handbooks with lots of information for the real estate sales associate candidate, Sales Associate Candidate Handbook and the broker candidate, Broker Candidate Handbook. Both handbooks have an outline of the State Exam and how many questions come from each Session/Chapter.
Course OutlineOutline for the Florida Real Estate Exam Prep Course
Intro to the Course
Session 1 - The Real Estate Business
Session 2 - License Law and Qualifications for Licensure
Session 3 - Real Estate License Law and Commission Rules
Session 4 - Authorized Relationships, Duties, and Disclosure
Session 5 - Real Estate Brokerage Activities and Procedures
Session 6 - Violations of License Law, Penalties, and Procedures
Session 7 - Federal and State Laws Pertaining to Real Estate
Session 8 - Property Rights: Estates and Tenancies, Condominiums, Cooperatives, and Time-Sharing
Session 9 - Title, Deeds, and Ownership Restrictions
Session 10 - Legal Descriptions
Session 11 - Real Estate Contracts
Session 12 - Residential Mortgages
Session 13 - Types of Mortgages and Sources of Financing
Session 14 - Real Estate Related Computations and Closing of Transactions
Session 15 - Real Estate Markets and Analysis
Session 16 - Real Estate Appraisal
Session 17 - Real Estate Investments and Business Opportunity Brokerage
Session 18 - Taxes Affecting Real Estate
Session 19 - Planning, Zoning, and Environmental Hazards
Session 20 - Math Problems (4 Part Video)
After you enroll, a licensed real estate instructor will be available for questions Monday through Friday between 8:30 A. M. and 5:00 P. M. EST. We encourage students to e-mail the instructor with questions regarding the On-Line course at Info@CookeSchool.com. With an e-mail to the instructor, the student will have a written document of the response. For questions by e-mail, there is a 24 Hour response time Monday through Friday. E-mails over Saturday, Sunday or a legal holiday will be returned the first business day.
Technical & On-line Course Overview:Technical Issues: Please view the following items:
- To experience the best results from a technical perspective on the course, please view the following RECOMMENDED SOFTWARE.
- We recommend using Mozilla Firefox as your Web Browser: Download for PC and Mac
- At this time we DO NOT recommend using the Microsoft Edge web browser.
- Call TOLL-FREE (800)943-9993 Monday through Friday 8:30 A. M. to 5:00 P.M. EST.
- E-mail at Info@CookeSchool.com.
- Chat at the top of every webpage and Student Page.
Frequently asked Questions
- If I forget my real estate course password, where can I find it?
Please call the school at 1-800-943-9993 Monday - Friday between 8am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time, or send an email to email@example.com.
- My video won't play.
Check Internet connection, change browser to Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, some computers need to download Microsoft Silverlight. Or you may call the Cooke Real Estate School at 1-800-943-9993 Monday - Friday between 8am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time.
- My score isn't showing up in the grade section.
Refresh your browser, sometimes there is a very short delay.
- Can I use my tablet?
Tablets and Kindall's are not recommended because of connectivity issues and stability, especially for timed-end-of-course exams.
- Does the real estate license course work on all the platforms?
- Once I log into my course page, do I have to login each time using my user name and password?
- I watched the video course presentation but i still can't move forward, what do I do?
Be sure to click on the 'SAVE AND RETURN' button, or simply refresh your page.
- If I have a question regarding a quiz question(s), how can I get help?
There are three different aspects of communication with the school: phone, email or live chat. The school makes a big effort to respond within 24 hours if by email. On weekends and holidays, we also try to respond within 24 hours, sometimes it may be the next business day.
- Once I register how quickly can I start?
Upon registration there are two emails sent to the student. One is a receipt and the other contains your user name and password. Students can then access their Course Page right away and start the course.
- All courses come with a real estate course textbook(s), should I wait until I have the book to start?
Having a textbook is a VERY important part of the course, but you can certainly start without it. The school recommends waiting until you receive the companion textbook.
- Is the course evaluation necessary for me to complete the course?
Yes, the evaluation needs to be completed. The evaluation is mandated by ARELLO which is required by the state regulatory agencies. Any comment that you would like to make that we can post on our Testimonial page is very much appreciated.
- Is a Student Affidavit required to be completed to obtain a certificate of completion?
Yes, mandated by regulatory agencies.
- What happens if I have technical issues?
If you are having a technical issue, please call during regular business hours or email Cooke Real Estate School so we can determine what the issue is. If we can't solve it over the phone, we recommend allowing your tech staff to access your computer device, so we can actually see the same thing you are seeing. Students that are taking the course with an iPad or iPhone, our technicians will not be able to access those devices.