96 Hour Kentucky Principles Course
Cooke Real Estate School - A Real Estate Pre-Licensing course offered online for Kentucky. State Approved, Self-Paced, Valuable Learning Tools, and Companion Textbooks are included with all packages. Obtaining a real estate agent license is just a click away.
KCPE - Approval Letter NR - 0108
Arello - Approval Certificate 4936
KREC - Approval Letter
- Online License Course
- Modern Real Estate Practice Book & Study Guide
- Kentucky Real Estate License Laws
- Candidate Handbook
- Course Support Document
- Interactive Study Group - A weekly online interactive seminar.
- All Items in the Bronze Package Included
- Additional Textbooks:
- Guide to passing the PSI Real Estate Exam
- Mastering Real Estate Math
- Extra Online Course - PSI Exam Prep Online Course
- All Items in the Silver Package Included
- Additional Textbooks:
- The Language of Real Estate
- Up and Running in 30 days
- Modern Real Estate Practice Flash Cards
- All Items in the Gold Package Included
- Additional Textbook:
- Sales and Marketing 101
- Extra Online Course - Sales and Marketing 101
Purchase InformationInformation needed to know before Purchasing the course:
- Refund Policy - There is no refund once the course is purchased.
- This course is completely online and on-demand, so the student can work through the course at their convenience.
- Course works well among almost all computer devices. Browsers Chrome and Firefox are proven to be more compatible with multiple types of devices.
- This course is not designed to be printed for security purposes and copyright regulations.
- Upon completing the course, students MUST sign and have notarized an affidavit that they took the course on their own and they personally took and completed the course to receive a Certificate of Completion.
- Course Expiration - A student has six (6) months to complete the program. If the students course expires, the student will be offered three options to extend the course if necessary, up to a maximum of six months from the date of the course expiration. The date of expiration is at the top of the Course Page. For example if the registration date is January 1, 2022 the date of expiration is June 30, 2022 at Midnight (Eastern Standard Time). If the course is not completed within the six (6) month time period, extension options are available for a fee.
- Shipping - Shipping is FREE. The textbook(s) that are in the package the student selected will be mailed by U.S. Priority Mail or UPS. The postmaster advertises 2 to 3 day delivery. The companion textbooks to the course are included in all packages offered.
- Login Information - Upon registration the student will receive two emails, one is a receipt for purchase and one has the students user name and password to access their Course Page. The link to the "Student Login" is at the top of every webpage.
Course InformationInformation for Taking the course:
- Login - The student can access their Course Page by going to the "Student Login" link which is located in the top corner of the website.
- Sessions/ Chapters - The course is broken down into Sessions/Chapters. Each session corresponds to the chapters in the text book. To complete a session and move on to the next, you must finish the required assignments for that session. These assignments consist of watching the video presentation for the required amount of time, completing vocabulary matching exercises and passing the session quizzes.
- Video Presentation - This is a recorded video of our instructor going over the session with a power point presentation to help provide examples. There is a time requirement for each Session's video presentation which needs to be watched in real time. Speeding the video up does not reduce the time requirement. To make sure time is recorded, click on the link at the top of the video SAVE AND RETURN.
- Vocabulary Matching - Each session has a vocabulary matching exercise where the student needs to score 100% (all words and definitions to be matched correctly) to complete the exercise.
- Session Quizzes
- As the student works through the course, there is an assessment quiz after every video presentation. The quiz must be answered with 80% accuracy before that session can be marked complete.
- Quizzes have a 3 to 1 ratio of questions, which means that if a student does not score 80% on any quiz, the student receives a second set of questions and if the student fails again to reach 80% on the second set of questions, the third set is issued. If the student fails the third set of questions, the first set is issued again. Students are encouraged to work through all the questions in the bank even though it's not required. The time spent will be counted toward the total time required. (See seat-time below.)
- Agreement - Once the student successfully completes the summary or practice exam a link to the Agreement becomes available. Every course requires the student to complete the "Agreement," which states the student completed the course on their own.
- Seat-time Requirement: State law mandates a 96 hour course for pre-licensure. As a result, there is a seat-time requirement of 4,800 minutes (96 hours x 50 minute hours). Each video presentation has a time requirement and the total course has a time requirement. All time spent on the video presentations, quizzes, matching exercise, text links, and any supplemental quizzes, all count towards the MINIMUM time requirement. Students can spend as much time as necessary to learn the material, so this time requirement is NOT a maximum requirement.
- Non-movement of the mouse for more than 20 minutes will disengage the student from the course page.
- Practice Exam - The course has a practice exam if the state requires a final end-of-course exam. The student needs to score a 70% on the practice exam to move forward and complete the course. The practice exam has a 3 to 1 ratio of questions and as explained previously all students are encouraged to work through all questions in the bank and time spent will count towards the minimum time requirement.
Proctored the End-of-Course Exam
- The student is responsible for obtaining a proctor.
- 201 KAR 11:170 requires monitors to be one of the following:
- Instructor for the course
- Certified librarian
- Public school administrator
- College professor
- Other real estate instructor associate with the school offering the course
- Monitor from a qualified online test monitoring service
- The exam must be given in a professional environment, not at the proctor's home or student's home.
- Once your proctor information is obtained, please email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Name, address, phone number, email address, and name of business/school where the proctoring will take place.) An email will be sent to your proctor with further instructions.
- The end of course is a 3 hour timed exam with 100 multiple choice questions. 75% is passing for the Exam. If the first attempt is not passed, a second attempt will be available.
- Be sure to have your proctor affidavit with you at exam time.
Kentucky Commission on Proprietary Education requirements:
- 1. The Kentucky Commission on Proprietary Education requires students to be aware of the existence of the fund and the process for filing a claim against the Student Protection Fund. Here is a Link to the information regarding the fund.
- 2. Policy for Kentucky students regarding the process for filing a complaint. Link to Form
License Application Process
Education is good for Forever from the completion date of the pre-licensing course.Requirements for Applicants (Kentucky Real Estate Sales Associate License) must:
- be 18 years of age
- have attained a high school diploma or GED equivalency. Candidates who have completed at least 28 credit hours at a post-secondary institution may submit a copy of the transcript in lieu of the high school or GED.
- have completed six semester credit hours in real estate courses from an accredited college or university or 96 classroom hours in real estate courses from a Kentucky Approved Proprietary School.
- Courses must be completed prior to taking the real estate examination.
- Pre-license real estate education does not expire. There is no time limit between the completion of the course requirements and when you take the exam.
- All sales associate and broker applicants, including those seeking a license through a reciprocal agreement must submit to a criminal background check which includes fingerprinting.
- Here is a link to the Kentucky Real Estate Commission website: KENTUCKY REAL ESTATE COMMISSION - Finger Print Information
- On the left side to the KREC website is a link called Licensing. On the drop-down view the link New Applicant link on that drop-down click on Candidate Testing Information.
- Next on the KREC website under Licensing please view the FBI Report Requirements. Click on Overview, there are two selections for fingerprinting, the FBI and the KY state police. Click on Overview and FAQs for Criminal History Reports.
- On the fingerprinting card the "ORI Number" is KY920229Z and the "Reason Fingerprinted" is KRS 324.045 Real Estate License.
- Please review this very important PSI Candidate Handbook, it is a must read.
- All applicants not residing in Kentucky must attach to their application a completed Consent to Service of Jurisdiction form (Document #407) in the "Public Access Forms" under Contracts and Forms on the web site.
- If you currently hold or have ever held a license in any other state, you must attach a "License History Certification" to your application. The document is only valid for 90 days. A copy of the license is not acceptable.
- Cooke Real Estate School's PSI number is: 1852
- The Kentucky state exam is composed of two portions, a state portion and a national portion.
- The official score report/license application documents will be provided to you at the test center. The application outlines the additional items that must be attached to the application.
- The application and all required attachments must be submitted to the Board within 60 days of the exam date or you will forfeit the examination results. Incorrect applications are returned to the candidate and must be resubmitted by the deadline indicated on the return form.
- Licenses are normally issued within one week of receipt.
- New real estate licensees may not begin work until the license has been received at the principal broker’s office.
- Failing candidates will receive information on how to reapply for a future examination and diagnostic information on weak content areas so that they may prepare to retest.
- The school will provide any transcript of the course for up to five years as long as the school can confirm the student is the student requesting the transcript.
- Kentucky licenses are required to complete 48 hours of post licensure education within two years of obtaining their real estate license.
Course OutlineOutline for 96 Hour Kentucky Real Estate Principles Course
National Real Estate Principles
Session - Subject
Session 1 - Introduction to the Real Estate Business
Session 2 - Real Property & the Law
Session 3 - Interests in Real Estate
Session 4 - Forms of Real Estate Ownership
Session 5 - Land Description
Session 6 - Transfer of Title
Session 7 - Title Records
Session 8 - Real Estate Brokerage
Session 9 - Real Estate Agency
Session 10 - Client Representation Agreements
Session 11 - Real Estate Contracts
Session 12 - Real Estate Financing
Session 13 - Government Involvement in Financing
Session 14 - Closing the Real Estate Transaction
Session 15 - Real Estate Taxes and Other Liens
Session 16 - Real Estate Appraisal
Session 17 - Leases
Session 18 - Fair Housing
Session 19 - Property Management
Session 20 - Land-Use Controls and Property Development
Session 21 - Environmental Issues & the Real Estate Transaction
Session 22 - Modern Real Estate Math
Kentucky State Specific
Session 1 - Kentucky Qualifications for Licensure
Session 2 - Kentucky Services of Real Estate
Session 3 - Kentucky Commission & Sanctions for Prohibited Behavior
Session 4 - Kentucky Brokerage Relationship
Session 5 - Kentucky Brokerage Operations and Trust Accounts
Session 6 - Kentucky Brokerage Engagements, Contracts, and Advertising
Session 7 - Kentucky Property Management
Kentucky Real Estate Forms
Proctored End-of-Course Exam. (Timed 3 Hours)
After you enroll, a licensed real estate instructor will be available for questions Monday through Friday between 8:30 A. M. and 5:00 P. M. EST. We encourage students to e-mail the instructor with questions regarding the On-Line course at Info@CookeSchool.com. With an e-mail to the instructor, the student will have a written document of the response. For questions by e-mail, there is a 24 Hour response time Monday through Friday. E-mails over Saturday, Sunday or a legal holiday will be returned the first business day. Also on each student page is a "Live Chat" link. When the live chat link shows "online" the student can ask the operator any questions they have. Cooke encourages communication with the school.
Technical & On-line Course Overview:Technical Issues: Please view the following items:
- To experience the best results from a technical perspective on the course, please view the following RECOMMENDED SOFTWARE.
- We recommend using Mozilla Firefox as your Web Browser: Download for PC and Mac
- At this time we DO NOT recommend using the Microsoft Edge web browser.
- Call TOLL FREE (800)943-9993 Monday through Friday 8:30 A. M. to 5:00 P.M. EST.
- E-mail at Info@CookeSchool.com.
- Chat at the top of every webpage and Student Page.
Frequently asked Questions
- If I forget my real estate course password, where can I find it?
Please call the school at 1-800-943-9993 Monday - Friday between 8am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time, or send an email to email@example.com.
- My video won't play.
Check Internet connection, change browser to Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, some computers need to download Microsoft Silverlight. Or you may call the Cooke Real Estate School at 1-800-943-9993 Monday - Friday between 8am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time.
- My score isn't showing up in the grade section.
Refresh your browser, sometimes there is a very short delay.
- Can I use my tablet?
Tablets and Kindall's are not recommended because of connectivity issues and stability, especially for timed-end-of-course exams.
- Does the real estate license course work on all the platforms?
- Once I log into my course page, do I have to login each time using my user name and password?
- I watched the video course presentation but i still can't move forward, what do I do?
Be sure to click on the 'SAVE AND RETURN' button, or simply refresh your page.
- If I have a question regarding a quiz question(s), how can I get help?
There are three different aspects of communication with the school: phone, email or live chat. The school makes a big effort to respond within 24 hours if by email. On weekends and holidays, we also try to respond within 24 hours, sometimes it may be the next business day.
- Once I register how quickly can I start?
Upon registration there are two emails sent to the student. One is a receipt and the other contains your user name and password. Students can then access their Course Page right away and start the course.
- All courses come with a real estate course textbook(s), should I wait until I have the book to start?
Having a textbook is a VERY important part of the course, but you can certainly start without it. The school recommends waiting until you receive the companion textbook.
- Is the course evaluation necessary for me to complete the course?
Yes, the evaluation needs to be completed. The evaluation is mandated by ARELLO which is required by the state regulatory agencies. Any comment that you would like to make that we can post on our Testimonial page is very much appreciated.
- Is a Student Affidavit required to be completed to obtain a certificate of completion?
Yes, mandated by regulatory agencies.
- What happens if I have technical issues?
If you are having a technical issue, please call during regular business hours or email Cooke Real Estate School so we can determine what the issue is. If we can't solve it over the phone, we recommend allowing your tech staff to access your computer device, so we can actually see the same thing you are seeing. Students that are taking the course with an iPad or iPhone, our technicians will not be able to access those devices.