40 hour Michigan Real Estate Fundamentals Course
Cooke Real Estate School - A Real Estate Pre-Licensing course offered online for Michigan. State Approved, Self-Paced, Valuable Learning Tools, and Companion Textbooks are included with all packages. Obtaining a real estate agent license is just a click away.
Purchase InformationInformation needed to know before Purchasing the course:
- Course Format - The course is completely online. The student can work through the course at their convenience.
- Course Expiration - A student has one year to complete the program.
- Shipping - Shipping is FREE. The textbook(s) that are in the package the student selected will be mailed by U.S. Priority Mail. The postmaster advertises 2 to 3-day delivery. The companion textbook to the course is included in all packages, Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum.
- Security Info - Last 4 digits of SSN and two pieces of identification, one must be a picture ID must be provided to the school upon registration.
- Login Information - Upon registration the student will receive their login user name and password. Student can access their course page through the Cooke Real Estate School Website. Each page has a STUDENT LOGIN link. Once on the page go to the RECampus link to login.
Course InformationInformation for Taking the course:
- Course Layout - First part of the course is the national course where the provided textbook Modern Real Estate Practice can be a great help. The back end of the course is the Michigan state specific area dealing with real estate laws and rules of Michigan. The Michigan state exam provided by PSI also has the same breakdown with test questions from both national and state areas of the course.
- Sessions/Chapters - The course is broken down into Units. The first session is an Orientation the national portion of the course are Units 2 - 23, a textbook is provided to help students in their study for the course exam and state exam. Each unit corresponds to the chapters in the Modern Real Estate Practice textbook which is included in the tuition fee of the course. To complete a unit and move on to the next, you must finish the required assignments for that unit. The Michigan state specific area of the course does not have a companion textbook but Cooke Real Estate School does provide a pamphlet with the laws and rules of the Michigan Real Estate Commission which students are highly encourage to read.
- Learning Objectives: Each unit begins with a list of the unit learning objectives that will help you anticipatethe the unit content.
- Practice Activities and Quick Quizzes: Each lesson begins with one learning ovjective from the unit. The practice activites and quick quizzes allow you to assess your knowledge of the lesson content.
- Key Terms: Key terms appear at the beginning of each unit. This feature not only alerts you on the important vocabulary words that should be noted as the text is read but also helps you to study and review.
- Key Point Reviews: At the end of each unit is a summary of the most essential content covered in each unit.
- Unit Exams and Final Exam: Demanding fact-pattern problems encourage you to not just memorize but to also understand and apply information. This approach provides valuable practice in these important test-taking and exam-preparation skills. The questions have been carefully designed to follow the style and content of the most widely used testing services and to demonstrate the types of questions that you will likely encounter on state licensing exams.
Seat timeSeat-time Requirement: There isn't a seat-time requirement but the course is developed around taking a student 2,000 minutes (40-hour x 50 minutes per hours) to complete. Non-movement of the mouse for more than 20 minutes will disengage the student from the course page.
- The final end-of-course exam:
- Number of Questions: 100 question multiple choice question exam.
- Passing Score: 75%
- Timing of the Exam: The exam is not timed but the there is a kick-out after 20 minutes of inactivity.
- What happens if one fails: The student has unlimited retakes
License Application Process
- Complete 40 hours of approved prelicensure education courses which includes at least 4 hours of civil rights law and equal opportunity in housing in which the 40-Hour Michigan Real Estate Fundamentals does.
- Be 18 years old and of good moral character.
- Have a potential employing broker to acquire the license upon passing the state exam.
- Submit an application (fee is $88) at: https://www.michigan.gov/icola
- Pass the required examination administered by PSI Services, LLC (PSI). The cost of the examination is $76
- Upon passing the exam students will issue a certificate of a diploma they can display.
Course OutlineOutline for 40 Hour Michigan Real Estate Principles Course Minutes Unit Subject
National Real Estate Principles
Session 1 - Orientation
Session 2 - Introduction to the Real Estate Business
Session 3 - Real Property & the Law
Session 4 - Fair Housing
Session 5 - Interests in Real Estate
Session 6 - Forms of Real Estate Ownership
Session 7 - Land Description
Session 8 - Transfer of Title
Session 9 - Title Records
Session 10 - Real Estate Brokerage
Session 11 - Real Estate Agency
Session 12 - Listing Agreements and Buyer Representation
Session 13 - Real Estate Contracts
Session 14 - Real Estate Taxes and Other Liens
Session 15 - Real Estate Financing: Principles
Session 16 - Government Involvement and Real Estate Financing
Session 17 - Real Estate Appraisal
Session 18 - Costing the Real Estate Transaction
Session 19 - Leases
Session 20 - Property Management
Session 21 - Land-Use Controls and Property Development
Session 22 - Environmental Issues & the Real Estate Transaction
Session 23 - Investing in Real Estate
Michigan State Specific
Session 24 - Michigan Agency Overview
Session 25 - Operating a Real Estate Business in Michigan
Session 26 - Michigan Agency Overview
Session 27 - Contracts and Closing Overview
Session 28 - Michigan License Law Enforcement Overview
Session 29 - Michigan Specialty Topics
Session 30 - Michigan Title Issues
- After you enroll, a licensed real estate instructor will be available for questions Monday through Friday between 8:30 A.M. and 5:00 P.M. EST.
- We encourage students to e-mail the instructor with questions regarding the On-Line course at Info@CookeSchool.com.
- With an e-mail to the instructor, the student will have a written document of the response. For questions by e-mail, there is a 24 Hour response time Monday through Friday. E-mails over Saturday, Sunday or a legal holiday will be returned the first business day.
- Also, at the top of the schools website the is a "Live Chat" link. When the live chat link shows "online" the student can ask the operator any questions they have. Cooke School encourages communication.
Technical & On-line Course Overview:Technical Issues
- Call: 1-888-213-5124
- Monday - Thursday, 8 AM to 10 PM (ET)
- Friday 8 AM to 6 PM (ET)
Frequently asked Questions
- If I forget my real estate course password, where can I find it?
Please call the school at 1-800-943-9993 Monday - Friday between 8am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- My video won't play.
Check Internet connection, change browser to Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, some computers need to download Microsoft Silverlight. Or you may call the Cooke Real Estate School at 1-800-943-9993 Monday - Friday between 8am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time.
- My score isn't showing up in the grade section.
Refresh your browser, sometimes there is a very short delay.
- Can I use my tablet?
Tablets and Kindall's are not recommended because of connectivity issues and stability, especially for timed-end-of-course exams.
- Does the real estate license course work on all the platforms?
- Once I log into my course page, do I have to login each time using my user name and password?
- I watched the video course presentation but i still can't move forward, what do I do?
Be sure to click on the 'SAVE AND RETURN' button, or simply refresh your page.
- If I have a question regarding a quiz question(s), how can I get help?
There are three different aspects of communication with the school: phone, email or live chat. The school makes a big effort to respond within 24 hours if by email. On weekends and holidays, we also try to respond within 24 hours, sometimes it may be the next business day.
- Once I register how quickly can I start?
Upon registration there are two emails sent to the student. One is a receipt and the other contains your user name and password. Students can then access their Course Page right away and start the course.
- All courses come with a real estate course textbook(s), should I wait until I have the book to start?
Having a textbook is a VERY important part of the course, but you can certainly start without it. The school recommends waiting until you receive the companion textbook.
- Is the course evaluation necessary for me to complete the course?
Yes, the evaluation needs to be completed. The evaluation is mandated by ARELLO which is required by the state regulatory agencies. Any comment that you would like to make that we can post on our Testimonial page is very much appreciated.
- Is a Student Affidavit required to be completed to obtain a certificate of completion?
Yes, mandated by regulatory agencies.
- What happens if I have technical issues?
If you are having a technical issue, please call during regular business hours or email Cooke Real Estate School so we can determine what the issue is. If we can't solve it over the phone, we recommend allowing your tech staff to access your computer device, so we can actually see the same thing you are seeing. Students that are taking the course with an iPad or iPhone, our technicians will not be able to access those devices.