30 Hour Montana Property Management
This course is perfect for those who wanting to enter into the property management business or real estate brokers wanting to expand their business into the lucrative property management field. The course explores daily issues facing practitioners, such as maintenance, accounting, administrative, and legal activities.
Course Approval Letter
- Online Course
- Property Management Textbook
- Montana Course Support Document
Purchase InformationInformation needed to know before Purchasing the course:
- Refund Policy - There is no refund once the course is purchased.
- This course is completely online and on-demand, so the student can work through the course at their convenience.
- Course works well among almost all computer devices. Browsers Chrome and Firefox are proven to be more compatible with multiple types of devices.
- This course is not designed to be printed for security purposes and copyright regulations.
- Upon completing the course, students MUST sign and have notarized an affidavit that they took the course on their own and they personally took and completed the course to receive a Certificate of Completion.
- Course Expiration - A student has six (6) months to complete the program. If the students course expires, the student will be offered three options to extend the course if necessary, up to a maximum of six months from the date of the course expiration. The date of expiration is at the top of the Course Page. For example if the registration date is January 1, 2022 the date of expiration is June 30, 2022 at Midnight (Eastern Standard Time). If the course is not completed within the six (6) month time period, extension options are available for a fee.
- Shipping - Shipping is FREE. The textbook(s) that are in the package the student selected will be mailed by U.S. Priority Mail or UPS. The postmaster advertises 2 to 3 day delivery. The companion textbooks to the course are included in all packages offered.
- Login Information - Upon registration the student will receive two emails, one is a receipt for purchase and one has the students user name and password to access their Course Page. The link to the "Student Login" is at the top of every webpage.
Course Information30-Hour Montana Property Management license course.
- Montana license law states that it is unlawful for a person to engage in or conduct business, directly or indirectly, or to advertise as property manager in Montana without having met the qualifications for licensure as a property manager and having been granted a license by the Montana Realty Board.
- Login - The student can access their Course Page by going to the "Student Login" link which is located in the top corner of the website.
- Sessions/ Chapters - The course is broken down into Sessions/Chapters. Each session corresponds to the chapters in the text book. To complete a session and move on to the next, you must finish the required assignments for that session. These assignments consist of watching the video presentation for the required amount of time, completing the vocabulary matching exercise and passing the session quizzes.
- Video Presentation - This is a recorded video of our instructor going over the session with a power point presentation to help provide examples. There is a time requirement for each Sessions video presentation which needs to be watched in real time. Speeding the video up does not reduce the time requirement. To make sure time is recorded, click on the link at the top of the video SAVE AND RETURN.
- Vocabulary - Each Session has a Flashcard exercise of the Key Terms in each Session followed by a Matching Exercise. All items must be matched successfully.
- Session Quizzes
- As the student works through the course, there is an assessment quiz after every video presentation. The quiz must be answered with 80% accuracy before that session can be marked complete.
- Quizzes have a 3 to 1 ratio of questions, which means that if a student does not score 80% on any quiz, the student receives a second set of questions and if the student fails again to reach 80% on the second set of questions, the third set is issued. If the student fails the third set of questions, the first set is issued again. Students are encouraged to work through all the questions in the bank even though its not required. The time spent will be counted toward the total time required. (See seat-time below.)
- This course has a seat-time tracking system to let the student know much time they have spent on the course. This course is a 30-hour course requiring 1,500 minutes.
- Non-movement of the mouse for more than 20 minutes will disengage the student from the course page.
- End-of-Course Exam - The student needs to score 80% on the end-of-course exam which is a 100%- multiple choice question exam. Upon completing the course, the student will have access to the Course Affidavit, the Course Evaluation, a Certificate of Completion will be provided.
PSI State Exam - The final license step requires the student to pass a 70-multiple choice PSI State Exam.
Course OutlineCourse Outline:
Session/Chapter - 1—Professional Property Management
Session/Chapter - 2—Property Management Economics and Planning
Session/Chapter - 3—Owner Relations
Session/Chapter - 4—Marketing
Session/Chapter - 5—Leases
Session/Chapter - 6—Lease Negotiations
Session/Chapter - 7—Tenant Relations
Session/Chapter - 8—Maintenance and Construction
Session/Chapter - 9—Managing the Office and Reports
Session/Chapter - 10—Federal and State Laws
Session/Chapter - 11—Residential Property
Session/Chapter - 12—Specialized Housing
Session/Chapter - 13—Office Property
Session/Chapter - 14—Retail Property
Session/Chapter - 15—Industrial Property
Session/Chapter - 16—Risk and Environmental Issues
Session/Chapter - 17—Life Safety Issues
Montana Specific Laws and Rules
Session/Chapter - 18—Laws and Rules
Session/Chapter - 19—Administrative Rules
After you enroll, a licensed real estate instructor will be available for questions Monday through Friday between 8:30 A. M. and 5:00 P. M. EST. We encourage students to e-mail the instructor with questions regarding the On-Line course at Info@CookeSchool.com. With an e-mail to the instructor, the student will have a written document of the response. For questions by e-mail, there is a 24 Hour response time Monday through Friday. E-mails over Saturday, Sunday or a legal holiday will be returned the first business day.
Technical & On-line Course Overview:Technical Issues: Please view the following items:
- To experience the best results from a technical perspective on the course, please view the following RECOMMENDED SOFTWARE.
- We recommend using Mozilla Firefox as your Web Browser: Download for PC and Mac
- At this time we DO NOT recommend using the Microsoft Edge web browser.
- Call TOLL FREE (800)943-9993 Monday through Friday 8:30 A. M. to 5:00 P.M. EST.
- E-mail at Info@CookeSchool.com.
- Chat at the top of every webpage and Student Page.
Frequently asked Questions
- If I forget my real estate course password, where can I find it?
Please call the school at 1-800-943-9993 Monday - Friday between 8am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- My video won't play.
Check Internet connection, change browser to Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, some computers need to download Microsoft Silverlight. Or you may call the Cooke Real Estate School at 1-800-943-9993 Monday - Friday between 8am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time.
- My score isn't showing up in the grade section.
Refresh your browser, sometimes there is a very short delay.
- Can I use my tablet?
Tablets and Kindall's are not recommended because of connectivity issues and stability, especially for timed-end-of-course exams.
- Does the real estate license course work on all the platforms?
- Once I log into my course page, do I have to login each time using my user name and password?
- I watched the video course presentation but i still can't move forward, what do I do?
Be sure to click on the 'SAVE AND RETURN' button, or simply refresh your page.
- If I have a question regarding a quiz question(s), how can I get help?
There are three different aspects of communication with the school: phone, email or live chat. The school makes a big effort to respond within 24 hours if by email. On weekends and holidays, we also try to respond within 24 hours, sometimes it may be the next business day.
- Once I register how quickly can I start?
Upon registration there are two emails sent to the student. One is a receipt and the other contains your user name and password. Students can then access their Course Page right away and start the course.
- All courses come with a real estate course textbook(s), should I wait until I have the book to start?
Having a textbook is a VERY important part of the course, but you can certainly start without it. The school recommends waiting until you receive the companion textbook.
- Is the course evaluation necessary for me to complete the course?
Yes, the evaluation needs to be completed. The evaluation is mandated by ARELLO which is required by the state regulatory agencies. Any comment that you would like to make that we can post on our Testimonial page is very much appreciated.
- Is a Student Affidavit required to be completed to obtain a certificate of completion?
Yes, mandated by regulatory agencies.
- What happens if I have technical issues?
If you are having a technical issue, please call during regular business hours or email Cooke Real Estate School so we can determine what the issue is. If we can't solve it over the phone, we recommend allowing your tech staff to access your computer device, so we can actually see the same thing you are seeing. Students that are taking the course with an iPad or iPhone, our technicians will not be able to access those devices.