90 Hour North Dakota Salesperson Course
Cooke Real Estate School - A Real Estate Pre-Licensing course offered online for North Dakota. State Approved, Self-Paced, Valuable Learning Tools, and Companion Textbooks are included with all packages. Obtaining a real estate agent license is just a click away.
ARELLO Certification #5911
North Dakota Real Estate Commission Approval
- Online License Course
- Modern Real Estate Practice Book & Study Guide
- North Dakota Real Estate License Laws
- Candidate Handbook
- Course Support Document
- Interactive Study Group - A weekly online interactive seminar.
- All Items in the Bronze Package Included
- Additional Textbooks:
- Guide to passing the PSI Real Estate Exam
- Mastering Real Estate Math
- Extra Online Course - PSI Exam Prep Online Course
- All Items in the Silver Package Included
- Additional Textbooks:
- The Language of Real Estate
- Up and Running in 30 days
- Modern Real Estate Practice Flash Cards
- All Items in the Gold Package Included
- Additional Textbook:
- Sales and Marketing 101
- Extra Online Course - Sales and Marketing 101
Purchase InformationInformation needed to know before Purchasing the course:
- There is no refund once the course is purchased.
- This course is completely online. The course is not downloadable. The student can work through the course at their convenience.
- This course is NOT designed to be printed for security purposes and copyright regulations.
- Course Expiration - A student has six (6) months to complete the program. If the students course expires, the student will be offered three options to extend the course if necessary, up to a maximum of six months from the date of the course expiration. The date of expiration is at the top of the Course Page. For example if the registration date is January 1, 2022 the date of expiration is June 30, 2022 at Midnight (Eastern Standard Time). If the course is not completed within the six (6) month time period, extension options are available for a fee.
- Shipping - Shipping is FREE. The textbook(s) that are in the package the student selected will be mailed by U.S. Priority Mail. The postmaster advertises 2 to 3 day delivery. The companion textbook to the course is included in all packages, Bronze, Silver and Gold.
- Security Questions - When the student registers for the course, the student is asked some personal questions. Twice during the course the student must answer two of the security questions asked upon registration. The question must be answered correctly before being able to continue with the course.
- Login Information - Upon registration the student will receive two emails, one is a receipt for purchase and one has the student’s user name and password to access their Course Page. The link to the "Student Login" is at the top of every webpage.
Course InformationInformation for Taking the course:
- Login - The student can access their Course Page by going to the "Student Login" link which is located in the top corner of the website.
- Sessions/ Chapters - The course is broken down into Sessions/Chapters. Each session corresponds to the chapters in the text book. To complete a session and move on to the next, you must finish the required assignments for that session. These assignments consist of watching the video presentation for the required amount of time, completing vocabulary matching exercises and passing the session quizzes.
- Video Presentation - This is a recorded video of our instructor going over the session with a power point presentation to help provide examples. There is a time requirement for each Sessions video presentation which needs to be watched in real time. Speeding the video up does not reduce the time requirement. To make sure time is recorded, click on the link at the top of the video SAVE AND RETURN.
- Vocabulary Matching - Each session has a vocabulary matching exercise where the student needs to score 100% (all words and definitions to be matched correctly) to complete the exercise.
- Session Quizzes
- As the student works through the course, there is an assessment quiz after every video presentation. The quiz must be answered with 80% accuracy before that session can be marked complete.
- Quizzes have a 3 to 1 ratio of questions, which means that if a student does not score 80% on any quiz, the student receives a second set of questions and if the student fails again to reach 80% on the second set of questions, the third set is issued. If the student fails the third set of questions, the first set is issued again. Students are encouraged to work through all the questions in the bank even though its not required. The time spent will be counted toward the total time required. (See seat-time below.)
- Agreement - Once the student successfully completes the summary or practice exam a link to the Agreement becomes available. Every course requires the student to complete the "Agreement," which states the student completed the course on their own.
- Seat-time Requirement: State law mandates a 90 hour course for pre-licensure. As a result, there is a seat-time requirement of 4,500 minutes (90 hours x 50 minute hours). Each video presentation has a time requirement and the total course has a time requirement. All time spent on the video presentations, quizzes, matching exercise, text links, and any supplemental quizzes, all count towards the MINIMUM time requirement. Students can spend as much time as necessary to learn the material, so this time requirement is NOT a maximum requirement.
- Non-movement of the mouse for more than 20 minutes will disengage the student from the course page.
- Practice Exam - The course has a practice exam if the state requires a final end-of-course exam. The student needs to score a 70% on the practice exam to move forward and complete the course. The practice exam has a 3 to 1 ratio of questions and as explained previously all students are encouraged to work through all questions in the bank and time spent will count towards the minimum time requirement.
- Timed End-of-Course Exam - The final exam is a 3 hour Timed Exam. The exam has 100 multiple choice questions. The student must score a 70% or more on the end-of-course exam and the exam must be completed in one session.
- Upon completing end-of-course exam, the grade will be shown. If the student successfully passes the course exam with a score of 70% or better.
License Application Process
Education is good for 2 years from the completion date of the pre-licensing course.
Once a student completes the application process, the applicant will receive a letter of approval from the NDREC, which includes a test id#. A student has 4 months from the date of that letter to take the exam for the first time. If the student fails, they have 12 months from the date they took the first exam to pass. If the salesperson applicant passes one portion of the examination, national or state, the salesperson applicant shall not be required to repeat that portion of the examination if that applicant passes the remaining portion within twelve months from the date of the first examination. An applicant must submit a new application in complete detail together with the statutory fees if the examination has not been passed within the same twelve-month period.
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or older.
- Applicants for a North Dakota real estate license must possess a good reputation for competency, honesty, truthfulness, financial integrity and fair dealing. Applicants who believe their background may disqualify them from obtaining a real estate license should consider submitting an application PRIOR TO taking a pre-licensing education course. (Please read the application carefully). (Form link below)
- Each licensee applying for a real estate salesperson license must complete the Personal Authorization for Criminal History Record Check Request form.
- All North Dakota real estate license applicants must submit $8.00 with their application for a credit report.
- Here is a link to the Application form
Once the Salesperson License Application, fees, and the Criminal History Record Check Request is received by the NDREC office a Fingerprinting Kit will be mailed to you. NOTE: DO NOT get fingerprinted before you submit your completed Salesperson License Application to our office.Fingerprinting Kit includes:
- (2) Fingerprint Cards
- List of Possible Locations Offering Fingerprinting
Upon getting fingerprinted you will need to mail the following back to the NDREC office:
- Completed Fingerprinting cards.
- Check or Money Order for $41.25 made out to the ND Attorney General.
- Criminal History Record Check Request
- At least 90 hours of pre-licensing education in courses of study approved by the Commission.
- An applicant for a salesperson's license may take the examination prior to fulfillment of the pre-licensing education requirement however the Commission may not issue a salesperson's license to an applicant until certification of the completion of the pre-licensing education is provided.
- Within 1 year after initial licensure as a salesperson, the salesperson's broker must furnish certification that the salesperson has successfully completed 15 hours of post-licensure hours.
- Non-refundable application fee of $150
- Credit Report fee of $8
- $100 annual renewal fee (real estate licenses expire December 31st of each year unless renewed).
- Once approved applicants will be provided a letter of approval containing their test ID number. Once received they may contact AMP to schedule a time to take the examination.
- Applied Measurement Professionals (AMP) administers the license examination at H&R Block locations in Bismarck and Fargo. Further information: www.goAMP.com
Errors & Omissions Insurance:
North Dakota requires all active licensees to carry errors and omission insurance, proof of which must be provided to the Commission office prior to the issuance of a real estate license.
Education, Research & Recovery Fund:
Any person who is licensed for the first time is required to pay $20 into the Education, Research & Recovery Fund at the time of licensing. This fee is paid by the licensee only once.
Pre-Licensing Education Providers:
Presently there are two online pre-license course providers in North Dakota
- University of North Dakota (UND): 800-342-8230
- Cooke Real Estate School: 800-943-9993
AMP Candidate handbook
Applied Measurement Professionals Inc. (AMP) is our license examination provider. Click here to read the AMP Candidate handbook. You may also go to www.goAMP.com and click on "Candidates Get Started" then click on "What to Expect" to view a short video on the testing process.
Course OutlineOutline for the 90 Hour North Dakota Principles Course
National Real Estate Principles
Session - Subject
Session 1 - Introduction to the Real Estate Business
Session 2 - Real Property & the Law
Session 3 - Interests in Real Estate
Session 4 - Forms of Real Estate Ownership
Session 5 - Land Description
Session 6 - Transfer of Title
Session 7 - Title Records
Session 8 - Real Estate Brokerage
Session 9 - Real Estate Agency
Session 10 - Client Representation Agreements
Session 11 - Real Estate Contracts
Session 12 - Real Estate Financing
Session 13 - Government Involvement in Financing
Session 14 - Closing the Real Estate Transaction
Session 15 - Real Estate Taxes and Other Liens
Session 16 - Real Estate Appraisal
Session 17 - Leases
Session 18 - Fair Housing
Session 19 - Property Management
Session 20 - Land-Use Controls and Property Development
Session 21 - Environmental Issues & the Real Estate Transaction
Session 22 - Modern Real Estate Math
Modern Practice Exam
North Dakota Agency
Session 1 - Intro to Real Estate Agency
Session 2 - Fiduciary Responsibilities
Session 3 - Types of Agency Relationships
Session 4 - Century Code
Session 5 - NDREC Rules
Session 6 - Real Estate Broker Trust Accounts
North Dakota Risk Management
Session 1 - Qualifying for Licensure
Session 2 - License Law
Session 3 - Managing Risk
Session 4 - Anti-Trust
Session 5 - Fair Housing
Session 6 - Environmental Issues
Session 7 - Subdivided Lands and Disposition Act
North Dakota Contracts
Session 1 - The Nature of Contracts
Session 2 - Filling In the Listing Agreements
Session 3 - Understanding Purchase Contract
Session 4 - Completing the Purchase Agreements
North Dakota Ethics
Session 1 - Ethics in Today's World
Session 2 - Ethics & Real Estate
Final End-of-Course Exam
After you enroll, a licensed real estate instructor will be available for questions Monday through Friday between 8:30 A. M. and 5:00 P. M. EST. We encourage students to e-mail the instructor with questions regarding the On-Line course at Info@CookeSchool.com. With an e-mail to the instructor, the student will have a written document of the response. For questions by e-mail, there is a 24 Hour response time Monday through Friday. E-mails over Saturday, Sunday or a legal holiday will be returned the first business day. Also on each student page is a "Live Chat" link. When the live chat link shows "online" the student can ask the operator any questions they have. Cooke encourages communication with the school.
Technical & On-line Course Overview:Technical Issues: Please view the following items:
- To experience the best results from a technical perspective on the course, please view the following RECOMMENDED SOFTWARE.
- We recommend using Mozilla Firefox as your Web Browser: Download for PC and Mac
- At this time we DO NOT recommend using the Microsoft Edge web browser.
- Call TOLL FREE (800)943-9993 Monday through Friday 8:30 A. M. to 5:00 P.M. EST.
- E-mail at Info@CookeSchool.com.
- Chat at the top of every webpage and Student Page.
Frequently asked Questions
- If I forget my real estate course password, where can I find it?
Please call the school at 1-800-943-9993 Monday - Friday between 8am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- My video won't play.
Check Internet connection, change browser to Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, some computers need to download Microsoft Silverlight. Or you may call the Cooke Real Estate School at 1-800-943-9993 Monday - Friday between 8am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time.
- My score isn't showing up in the grade section.
Refresh your browser, sometimes there is a very short delay.
- Can I use my tablet?
Tablets and Kindall's are not recommended because of connectivity issues and stability, especially for timed-end-of-course exams.
- Does the real estate license course work on all the platforms?
- Once I log into my course page, do I have to login each time using my user name and password?
- I watched the video course presentation but i still can't move forward, what do I do?
Be sure to click on the 'SAVE AND RETURN' button, or simply refresh your page.
- If I have a question regarding a quiz question(s), how can I get help?
There are three different aspects of communication with the school: phone, email or live chat. The school makes a big effort to respond within 24 hours if by email. On weekends and holidays, we also try to respond within 24 hours, sometimes it may be the next business day.
- Once I register how quickly can I start?
Upon registration there are two emails sent to the student. One is a receipt and the other contains your user name and password. Students can then access their Course Page right away and start the course.
- All courses come with a real estate course textbook(s), should I wait until I have the book to start?
Having a textbook is a VERY important part of the course, but you can certainly start without it. The school recommends waiting until you receive the companion textbook.
- Is the course evaluation necessary for me to complete the course?
Yes, the evaluation needs to be completed. The evaluation is mandated by ARELLO which is required by the state regulatory agencies. Any comment that you would like to make that we can post on our Testimonial page is very much appreciated.
- Is a Student Affidavit required to be completed to obtain a certificate of completion?
Yes, mandated by regulatory agencies.
- What happens if I have technical issues?
If you are having a technical issue, please call during regular business hours or email Cooke Real Estate School so we can determine what the issue is. If we can't solve it over the phone, we recommend allowing your tech staff to access your computer device, so we can actually see the same thing you are seeing. Students that are taking the course with an iPad or iPhone, our technicians will not be able to access those devices.