15 Hour Brokerage Management - Responsible Broker Course
Cooke Real Estate School - A Real Estate Broker Post-Licensing course offered online for South Dakota. State Approved, Self-Paced, Valuable Learning Tools, and Companion Textbooks are included with all packages. Obtaining a real estate agent license is just a click away.
Course Approval Number: 5385
- Online Post License Course
- Real Estate Brokerage: A Management Guide
Information for taking the course:
- Login - The student can access their Course Page by going to the "STUDENT LOGIN" link which is located on top corner of all webpages of Cooke Real Estate School.
- Sessions/ Chapters - The course is broken down into Sessions/Chapters. Each session corresponds to the chapters in the companion textbook provided with the course. To complete a session and move on to the next, you must finish the required assignments for that session. These assignments consist of watching the video presentation, going through the flashcard exercise of real estate Key Terms, and completing vocabulary matching exercise and passing the session’s quizzes.
- Video Presentation - This is a recorded video presentation by professional instructors going over each session with synchronized PowerPoints within the presentation to help provide examples. This is an excellent format for visual and auditory learners. Upon completion of the video presentation a green check mark will be shown. To make sure time is recorded, click on the link at the top of the video SAVE AND RETURN.
- Vocabulary Matching -Each session has a Flashcard exercise, going over the real estate Key Terms of each session/chapter in the course. Next is a vocabulary matching exercise where the student needs to score 100% (all words and definitions to be matched correctly) to complete the exercise. Upon completion of the matching exercise successfully a green check mark will be shown. For reference there is a Glossary in back of the companion textbook of the course.
- Session Quizzes - As the student works through the course, there is an assessment quiz after every video presentation. The quiz must be answered with 80% accuracy before that session can be marked complete. Upon completion of the quiz successfully, a green check market will be shown.
- Practice Exam - The last step before the end-of-course exam is the Practice Exam. This exam is NOT timed. Students need to score 70% or more to move to the TIMED end-of-course exam.
- Final Exam - Please review the EXAM tab on the Course Information Page or Orientation Page for additional information.
Course InformationInformation for Taking the course:
- Login - The student can access their Course Page by going to the "Student Login" link which is located in the top corner of the website.
- Sessions/ Chapters - The course is broken down into Sessions/Chapters. Each session corresponds to the chapters in the text book. To complete a session and move on to the next, you must finish the required assignments for that session. These assignments consist of watching the video presentation for the required amount of time, completing vocabulary matching exercises and passing the session quizzes.
- Video Presentation - This is a recorded video of our instructor going over the session with a power point presentation to help provide examples. To make sure time is recorded, click on the link at the top of the video SAVE AND RETURN.
- Vocabulary Matching - Each session has a vocabulary matching exercise where the student needs to score 100% (all words and definitions to be matched correctly) to complete the exercise.
- Session Quizzes - As the student works through the course, there is an assessment quiz after every video presentation. The quiz must be answered with 80% accuracy before that session can be marked complete.
- Agreement - Once the student successfully completes the summary or practice exam a link to the Agreement becomes available. Every course requires the student to complete the "Agreement," which states the student completed the course on their own.
- Seat-time: This course has a seat-time tracking system to let the student know much time the they have spent on the course. The course is designed around the required 15 hour time-line in South Dakota, seat-time for distance learning is NOT required. So this tracking system is ONLY for the student's benefit.
- Non-movement of the mouse for more than 20 minutes will disengage the student from the course page.
- Practice Exam - The course has a practice exam. The student needs to score a 70% on the practice exam to move forward to the Agreement and the end-of-course exam.
- Timed End-of-Course Exam - This course has a timed one hour and a half hour final exam with 50 questions. The exam is multiple choice with four choices. The student must score a 75% or more on the end-of-course exam.
- Upon successfully completing the exam, access to the "Completion Certificate" is unlocked. The completion certificate is in an Adobe format. The student can print it out or save it on their computer in case they are audited by the Division of Real Estate.
- At the same time the email is generated to the student with the Completion Certificate, the completion is automatically reported on the DBPR web portal for schools. The completion will show up about 24 to 48 hours after the report is completed.
- If the student fails the online end-of-course exam, the student can take the second exam right away.
Course OutlineOutline for the 15 Hour Broker Post License Course
Real Estate Brokerage - A Management Guide
Session 1 - The Challenge of Change
Session 2 - Leadership
Session 3 - Management Skills
Session 4 - Communications and Decision Making
Session 5 - Analyzing the Business Environments
Session 6 - Analyzing the Market
Session 7 - Developing a Plan
Session 8 - Structuring the Organization
Session 9 - Structuring the Business Systems
Session 10 - Structuring the Finances
Session 11 - Business Policies and Procedures
Session 12 - Marketing and Advertising
Session 13 - The Practical and Legal Realities of Staffing
Session 14 - Recruiting, Selecting and Hiring the Staff
Session 15 - Professional Competency
Session 16 - Coaching Performance
Session 17 - Critiquing Operations
Session 18 - Managing Risk
End-of-Course Exam - 1.5 Hour, 50 Question Multiple Choice Exam.
After you enroll, a licensed real estate instructor will be available for questions Monday through Friday between 8:30 A. M. and 5:00 P. M. EST. We encourage students to e-mail the instructor with questions regarding the On-Line course at Info@CookeSchool.com. With an e-mail to the instructor, the student will have a written document of the response. For questions by e-mail, there is a 24 Hour response time Monday through Friday. E-mails over Saturday, Sunday or a legal holiday will be returned the first business day. Also on each student page is a "Live Chat" link. When the live chat link shows "online" the student can ask the operator any questions they have. Cooke encourages communication with the school.
Technical & On-line Course Overview:Technical Issues: Please view the following items:
- To experience the best results from a technical perspective on the course, please view the following RECOMMENDED SOFTWARE.
- We recommend using Mozilla Firefox as your Web Browser: Download for PC and Mac
- At this time we DO NOT recommend using the Microsoft Edge web browser.
- Call TOLL FREE (800)943-9993 Monday through Friday 8:30 A. M. to 5:00 P.M. EST.
- E-mail at Info@CookeSchool.com.
- Chat at the top of every webpage and Student Page.
Frequently asked Questions
- If I forget my real estate course password, where can I find it?
Please call the school at 1-800-943-9993 Monday - Friday between 8am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- My video won't play.
Check Internet connection, change browser to Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, some computers need to download Microsoft Silverlight. Or you may call the Cooke Real Estate School at 1-800-943-9993 Monday - Friday between 8am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time.
- My score isn't showing up in the grade section.
Refresh your browser, sometimes there is a very short delay.
- Can I use my tablet?
Tablets and Kindall's are not recommended because of connectivity issues and stability, especially for timed-end-of-course exams.
- Does the real estate license course work on all the platforms?
- Once I log into my course page, do I have to login each time using my user name and password?
- I watched the video course presentation but i still can't move forward, what do I do?
Be sure to click on the 'SAVE AND RETURN' button, or simply refresh your page.
- If I have a question regarding a quiz question(s), how can I get help?
There are three different aspects of communication with the school: phone, email or live chat. The school makes a big effort to respond within 24 hours if by email. On weekends and holidays, we also try to respond within 24 hours, sometimes it may be the next business day.
- Once I register how quickly can I start?
Upon registration there are two emails sent to the student. One is a receipt and the other contains your user name and password. Students can then access their Course Page right away and start the course.
- All courses come with a real estate course textbook(s), should I wait until I have the book to start?
Having a textbook is a VERY important part of the course, but you can certainly start without it. The school recommends waiting until you receive the companion textbook.
- Is the course evaluation necessary for me to complete the course?
Yes, the evaluation needs to be completed. The evaluation is mandated by ARELLO which is required by the state regulatory agencies. Any comment that you would like to make that we can post on our Testimonial page is very much appreciated.
- Is a Student Affidavit required to be completed to obtain a certificate of completion?
Yes, mandated by regulatory agencies.
- What happens if I have technical issues?
If you are having a technical issue, please call during regular business hours or email Cooke Real Estate School so we can determine what the issue is. If we can't solve it over the phone, we recommend allowing your tech staff to access your computer device, so we can actually see the same thing you are seeing. Students that are taking the course with an iPad or iPhone, our technicians will not be able to access those devices.