40 Hour Vermont Prelicense Course
Cooke Real Estate School - A Real Estate Pre-Licensing course offered online for Vermont. State Approved, Self-Paced, Valuable Learning Tools, and Companion Textbooks are included with all packages. Obtaining a real estate agent license is just a click away.
- Online License Course
- Modern Real Estate Practice Book & Study Guide
- Vermont Administrative Laws and Rules
- Candidate Handbook
- Course Support Document
- Interactive Study Group - A weekly online interactive seminar.
- All Items in the Bronze Package Included
- Additional Textbooks:
- Guide to passing the PSI Real Estate Exam
- Mastering Real Estate Math
- Extra Online Course - PSI Exam Prep Online Course
- All Items in the Silver Package Included
- Additional Textbooks:
- The Language of Real Estate
- Up and Running in 30 days
- Modern Real Estate Practice Flash Cards
- All Items in the Gold Package Included
- Additional Textbook:
- Sales and Marketing 101
- Extra Online Course - Sales and Marketing 101
- There is no refund once the course is purchased.
- This course is completely online. The course is not downloadable. The student can work through the course at their convenience.
- This course is NOT designed to be printed for security purposes and copyright regulations.
- Course Expiration - A student has six (6) months to complete the program. If the student's course expires, the student will be offered three options to extend the course if necessary, up to a maximum of six months from the date of the course expiration. The date of expiration is at the top of the Course Page. For example if the registration date is January 1, 2021 the date of expiration is June 30, 2021 at Midnight (Eastern Standard Time). If the course is not completed within the six (6) month time period, extension options are available for a fee.
- Shipping - Shipping is FREE. The textbook(s) that are in the package the student selected will be mailed by U.S. Priority Mail. The postmaster advertises 2 to 3 day delivery. The companion textbook to the course is included in all packages, Bronze, Silver and Gold.
- Login Information - Upon registration the student will receive two emails, one is a receipt for purchase and one has the student's user name and password (a 5 digit number) to access their Course Page. The link to the "Student Login" is at the top of every webpage.
- Login - The student can access their Course Page by going to the "STUDENT LOGIN" link which is located on top corner of all webpages of Cooke Real Estate School.
- Sessions/ Chapters - The course is broken down into Sessions/Chapters. Each session corresponds to the chapters in the companion textbook provided with the course. To complete a session and move on to the next, you must finish the required assignments for that session. These assignments consist of watching the video presentation, going through the flashcard exercise of real estate Key Terms, and completing vocabulary matching exercise and passing the session’s quizzes.
- Video Presentation - This is a recorded video presentation by professional instructors going over each session with synchronized PowerPoints within the presentation to help provide examples. This is an excellent format for visual and auditory learners. Upon completion of the video presentation a green check mark will be shown. To make sure time is recorded, click on the link at the top of the video SAVE AND RETURN.
- Vocabulary Matching -Each session has a Flashcard exercise, going over the real estate Key Terms of each session/chapter in the course. Next is a vocabulary matching exercise where the student needs to score 100% (all words and definitions to be matched correctly) to complete the exercise. Upon completion of the matching exercise successfully a green check mark will be shown. For reference there is a Glossary in back of the companion textbook of the course.
- Session Quizzes - As the student works through the course, there is an assessment quiz after every video presentation. The quiz must be answered with 80% accuracy before that session can be marked complete. Upon completion of the quiz successfully, a green check market will be shown.
- Practice Exam - The last step before the end-of-course exam is the Practice Exam. This exam is NOT timed and has 100 questions. Students need to score 70% or more to move to the TIMED end-of-course exam.
- Final Exam - Please review the EXAM tab on the Course Information Page or Orientation Page for additional information.
- Seat-time Requirement: This course is designed around taking the student 40 hours to complete or 2,000 minutes (40 hours x 50 minute hours). Even though there is NO required seat-time for the course, time is kept for the student's own information. All time spent on the video presentations, quizzes, matching exercise, text links, and any supplemental quizzes, all counted and recorded. Students can spend as much time as necessary to learn the material.
- Non-movement of the mouse for more than 20 minutes will disengage the student from the course page.
- Summary Exam - The course has a summary exam in which the student needs to score a 75% on the summary exam to complete the course. The summary exam has 100 questions and time spent will count towards the minimum time requirement.
License Application Process
License application process for a Vermont Real Estate Salesperson license:
- Applicants for a real estate salesperson must be 18 years or older.
- Must complete the Salesperson Prelicense Course of 40 Hours.
- Applicants must be associated with a Vermont Brokerage Firm. A salesperon has no independent authourity to perform brokerage services.
- Even if you meet all of the requirements, you may be denied if you have ever been convicted of a felony, or forgery, embezzlement, obtaining money under false pretenses, conspiring to defraud, or any criminal or civil offense which contains an element of fraud. If there is a possibility that this may pose a problem, you should consult with the Vermont Real Estate Commission.
- State Exam
- Information you will need to apply for the Vermont Real Estate Salesperson Exam
- PSI Exam Information Link - Exam fee is $115 each time.
- Vermont Real Estate License State Exam is composed of two parts, National and State Specific. Questions are based on the basic principles of real estate and the Vermont's state portion, which is based on license laws and rules dealing in Vermont real estate.
Apply for a license
- Application Link - Application fee is $50
- Check status of application
- For questions outside of your prelicensing process, or questions for the board, contact
- Judith Roy - Licensing Administrator I
The information in the Candidate Handbook is a necessary read!!
Outline for the 40 Hour Vermont Pre-License Salesperson License Course
National Real Estate Principles
Session - Subject
Session 1 - Introduction to the Real Estate Business
Session 2 - Real Property & the Law
Session 3 - Interests in Real Estate
Session 4 - Forms of Real Estate Ownership
Session 5 - Land Description
Session 6 - Transfer of Title
Session 7 - Title Records
Session 8 - Real Estate Brokerage
Session 9 - Real Estate Agency
Session 10 - Client Representation Agreements
Session 11 - Real Estate Contracts
Session 12 - Real Estate Financing
Session 13 - Government Involvement in Financing
Session 14 - Closing the Real Estate Transaction
Session 15 - Real Estate Taxes and Other Liens
Session 16 - Real Estate Appraisal
Session 17 - Leases
Session 18 - Fair Housing
Session 19 - Property Management
Session 20 - Land-Use Controls and Property Development
Session 21 - Environmental Issues & the Real Estate Transaction
Session 22 - Modern Real Estate Math
Modern Practice Exam
Vermont State Specific
Session 1 - Licensure
Session 2 - Conduct of Business
Session 3 - Activities of Licensees
Session 4 - Related State Laws - Part 1
Session 5 - Related State Laws - Part 2
Session 6 - Administration and Vermont Real Estate Commission
After you enroll, a licensed real estate instructor will be available for questions Monday through Friday between 8:30 A. M. and 5:00 P. M. EST. We encourage students to e-mail the instructor with questions regarding the On-Line course at Info@CookeSchool.com. With an e-mail to the instructor, the student will have a written document of the response. For questions by e-mail, there is a 24 Hour response time Monday through Friday. E-mails over Saturday, Sunday or a legal holiday will be returned the first business day. Also on each student page is a "Live Chat" link. When the live chat link shows "online" the student can ask the operator any questions they have. Cooke encourages communication with the school.
Technical & On-line Course Questions:
- If I forget my real estate course password, where can I find it?
Please call the school at 1-800-943-9993 Monday - Friday between 8am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- My video won't play.
Check Internet connection, change browser to Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, some computers need to download Microsoft Silverlight. Or you may call the Cooke Real Estate School at 1-800-943-9993 Monday - Friday between 8am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time.
- My score isn't showing up in the grade section.
Refresh your browser, sometimes there is a very short delay.
- Can I use my tablet?
Tablets and Kindall's are not recommended because of connectivity issues and stability, especially for timed-end-of-course exams.
- Does the real estate license course work on all the platforms?
- Once I log into my course page, do I have to login each time using my user name and password?
- I watched the video course presentation but i still can't move forward, what do I do?
Be sure to click on the 'SAVE AND RETURN' button, or simply refresh your page.
- If I have a question regarding a quiz question(s), how can I get help?
There are three different aspects of communication with the school: phone, email or live chat. The school makes a big effort to respond within 24 hours if by email. On weekends and holidays, we also try to respond within 24 hours, sometimes it may be the next business day.
- Once I register how quickly can I start?
Upon registration there are two emails sent to the student. One is a receipt and the other contains your user name and password. Students can then access their Course Page right away and start the course.
- All courses come with a real estate course textbook(s), should I wait until I have the book to start?
Having a textbook is a VERY important part of the course, but you can certainly start without it. The school recommends waiting until you receive the companion textbook.
- Is the course evaluation necessary for me to complete the course?
Yes, the evaluation needs to be completed. The evaluation is mandated by ARELLO which is required by the state regulatory agencies. Any comment that you would like to make that we can post on our Testimonial page is very much appreciated.
- Is a Student Affidavit required to be completed to obtain a certificate of completion?
Yes, mandated by regulatory agencies.
- What happens if I have technical issues?
If you are having a technical issue, please call Cooke Real Estate School so we can determine what the issue is. If we can't solve it over the phone, we recommend allowing your tech staff to access your computer device, so we can actually see the same thing you are seeing. Students that are taking the course with an iPad or iPhone, our technicians will not be able to access those devices.