WV Law and Regulations State Exam Prep Course
This West Virginia Exam Prep Course is to help prepare students to pass the required PSI West Virginia State Specific exam. This course is NOT certified for licensure and is NOT approved for Ohio licensees for their 20-hour course requirement to obtain a West Virginia real estate license.
- Online License Course
- West Virginia Real Estate License Act & Legislative Rules
- Course Support Document
Purchase InformationInformation needed to know before Purchasing the course:
- This course is completely online. The course is not downloadable. The student can work through the course at their convenience.
- This course is NOT designed to be printed for security purposes and copyright regulations.
- Course Expiration - A student has six (6) months to complete the program. If the student’s course expires, the student will be offered three options to extend the course if necessary, up to a maximum of six months from the date of the course expiration. The date of expiration is at the top of the Course Page. For example if the registration date is January 1, 2021 the date of expiration is June 30, 2021 at Midnight (Eastern Standard Time). If the course is not completed within the six (6) month time period, extension options are available for a fee.
- Shipping - Shipping is FREE. The textbook(s) that are in the package the student selected will be mailed by U.S. Priority Mail. The postmaster advertises 2 to 3 day delivery. The companion textbook to the course is included in all packages, Bronze, Silver and Gold.
- Login Information - Upon registration the student will receive two emails, one is a receipt for purchase and one has the student’s user name and password to access their Course Page. The link to the "Student Login" is at the top of every webpage.
- Refund or Cancellation: - Cooke Real Estate School complies with West Virginia Title 135 - Series 35.
Course InformationInformation for Taking the course:
- Login - The student can access their Course Page by going to the "Student Login" link which is located in the top corner of the website.
- Sessions/ Chapters - The course is broken down into Sessions/Chapters. Each session corresponds to the chapters in the text book. To complete a session and move on to the next, you must finish the required assignments for that session. These assignments consist of watching the video presentation for the required amount of time, completing vocabulary matching exercises and passing the session quizzes.
- Video Presentation - This is a recorded video of our instructor going over the session with a power point presentation to help provide examples. There is a time requirement for each Sessions video presentation which needs to be watched in real time. Speeding the video up does not reduce the time requirement. To make sure time is recorded, click on the link at the top of the video SAVE AND RETURN.
- Vocabulary Matching - Each session has a vocabulary matching exercise where the student needs to score 100% (all words and definitions to be matched correctly) to complete the exercise.
- Session Quizzes
- As the student works through the course, there is an assessment quiz after every video presentation. The quiz must be answered with 80% accuracy before that session can be marked complete.
- Quizzes have a 3 to 1 ratio of questions, which means that if a student does not score 80% on any quiz, the student receives a second set of questions and if the student fails again to reach 80% on the second set of questions, the third set is issued. If the student fails the third set of questions, the first set is issued again. Students are encouraged to work through all the questions in the bank even though its not required. The time spent will be counted toward the total time required. (See seat-time below.)
- Agreement - Once the student successfully completes the summary or practice exam a link to the Agreement becomes available. Every course requires the student to complete the "Agreement," which states the student completed the course on their own.
- Non-movement of the mouse for more than 20 minutes will disengage the student from the course page.
- Practice Exam - The practice exam has 50 multiple choice questions.
Course OutlineCourse Outline
- Session 1 - West Virginia Real Estate License Act & Legislative Rules
- Session 2 - Part 1 - West Virginia Licensing & Conduct of Brokerage Business
- Session 3 - Part 2 - West Virginia Licensing & Conduct of Brokerage Business
- Session 4 - West Virginia Requirement in Approval & Registration of Real Estate Courses, Providers and Instructors
- Session 5 - West Virginia Procedures for Investigation & Resolution of Complaints and Contested Case Hearings
- Practice Exam
- To experience the best results from a technical perspective on the course, please view the following RECOMMENDED SOFTWARE.
- Call TOLL FREE (800)943-9993 Monday through Friday 8:30 A. M. to 5:00 P.M. EST.
- E-mail at Info@CookeSchool.com.
- Chat at the top of every webpage and Student Page.
After you enroll, a licensed real estate instructor will be available for questions Monday through Friday between 8:30 A. M. and 5:00 P. M. EST. We encourage students to e-mail the instructor with questions regarding the On-Line course at Info@CookeSchool.com. With an e-mail to the instructor, the student will have a written document of the response. For questions by e-mail, there is a 24 Hour response time Monday through Friday. E-mails over Saturday, Sunday or a legal holiday will be returned the first business day. Also on each student page is a "Live Chat" link. When the live chat link shows "online" the student can ask the operator any questions they have. Cooke encourages communication with the school.
CANCELLATION and REFUND POLICIES
To obtain a permit a school shall have a cancellation and refund policy that incorporates the following provisions:
- A statement relative to the unused portion of tuition, fees, and other charges if the student does not begin classes, withdraws, or is dismissed.
- All fees and payments remitted to a school by a prospective student shall be refunded, minus any stated application fee not to exceed fifty dollars ($50) and textbook fee of $50, if the student is not admitted due to ineligibility.
- An admitted student applicant may cancel, by written notice, his or her enrollment any time prior to the first class day of the session for which the application was made, and the school shall refund all tuition paid by the student minus an application fee not to exceed fifty dollars ($50) and a textbook fee of $50.
- A home study program of instruction shall be terminated if a school does not receive a lesson or an appropriate response from the student within six months after receipt of the last lesson, and the date of withdrawal shall be the date of the last lesson received. The date of withdrawal initiated by a student shall be the date a letter is postmarked or proper notification is given. The school shall provide a receipt for the letter or withdrawal notice received.
- Schools are required to submit refunds to individuals or the appropriate agency within twenty (20) days after receipt of a proper notification of termination from a student.
The student refund policy for withdrawals and terminations for schools not accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education must at a minimum comply with the following:
- A student who begins a term and withdraws after completing up to one (1) week or ten percent (10%) of the term is entitled to a refund of ninety percent (90%) of the charges less the application fee.
- A student who begins a term and withdraws after completing more than ten percent (10%) through twenty-five percent (25%) of the term is entitled to a refund of seventy-five percent (75%) of the charges less the application fee.
- A student who withdraws after completing more than twenty-five percent (25%) through fifty percent (50%) of the term is entitled to a refund of fifty percent (50%) of the charges less the application fee.
- A student who withdraws after completing more than fifty percent (50%) of the term is not entitled to a refund.
- Refunds shall be calculated for a specific term as defined in Section 2 of this rule, or the total cost of programs not exceeding one year. In the event that students are financially obligated for a year-long program, the refund policy shall be on a weekly prorata basis through the first sixty percent (60%) of the program. The student's financial commitment shall not be for more than one year at any given time.
- Those schools having their physical facilities located outside this state must comply with the cancellation and refund policies of their home state. If there is no state cancellation and refund policy in their home state, Section 11 of this policy must be followed.
Technical & On-line Course Questions:
- If I forget my real estate course password, where can I find it?
Please call the school at 1-800-943-9993 Monday - Friday between 8am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time, or send an email to email@example.com.
- My video won't play.
Check Internet connection, change browser to Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, some computers need to download Microsoft Silverlight. Or you may call the Cooke Real Estate School at 1-800-943-9993 Monday - Friday between 8am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time.
- My score isn't showing up in the grade section.
Refresh your browser, sometimes there is a very short delay.
- Can I use my tablet?
Tablets and Kindall's are not recommended because of connectivity issues and stability, especially for timed-end-of-course exams.
- Does the real estate license course work on all the platforms?
- Once I log into my course page, do I have to login each time using my user name and password?
- I watched the video course presentation but i still can't move forward, what do I do?
Be sure to click on the 'SAVE AND RETURN' button, or simply refresh your page.
- If I have a question regarding a quiz question(s), how can I get help?
There are three different aspects of communication with the school: phone, email or live chat. The school makes a big effort to respond within 24 hours if by email. On weekends and holidays, we also try to respond within 24 hours, sometimes it may be the next business day.
- Once I register how quickly can I start?
Upon registration there are two emails sent to the student. One is a receipt and the other contains your user name and password. Students can then access their Course Page right away and start the course.
- All courses come with a real estate course textbook(s), should I wait until I have the book to start?
Having a textbook is a VERY important part of the course, but you can certainly start without it. The school recommends waiting until you receive the companion textbook.
- Is the course evaluation necessary for me to complete the course?
Yes, the evaluation needs to be completed. The evaluation is mandated by ARELLO which is required by the state regulatory agencies. Any comment that you would like to make that we can post on our Testimonial page is very much appreciated.
- Is a Student Affidavit required to be completed to obtain a certificate of completion?
Yes, mandated by regulatory agencies.
- What happens if I have technical issues?
If you are having a technical issue, please call Cooke Real Estate School so we can determine what the issue is. If we can't solve it over the phone, we recommend allowing your tech staff to access your computer device, so we can actually see the same thing you are seeing. Students that are taking the course with an iPad or iPhone, our technicians will not be able to access those devices.